Still holding my breath

anxious wait

So I posted on here the other day about being terrified about my drug screen that I had to take on short notice. I am a very light smoker and had not smoked for 16 days prior to the test. But the fear of the unknown was terrifying, there is no sure way to know! Well anyway I had to attend a breakfast for success stories this morning at the company, and was shaking in my shoes knowing they may very well pull me aside to tell me the bad news, it has not yet been 48 hours from the drug screen. Just the opposite happened, they were all very welcoming and my new boss told me they were working on an orientation time, this put me a bit at ease, but just a bit. Before I left she told me that my orientation will be Monday, and someone will call me with the details this afternoon. Does that mean I passed, or are they still waiting on the results? Still worried here....hopin to get some peace of mind! P.S. the 48 hour mark is up in about 3 hours!

Hi Anxious wait.

I saw your post the other day and wanted to comment but others had expressed my thoughts. It sounds to me as though you've passed as I know the testing companies generally report those that have not passed pretty quickly.

Just a suggestion, but when you are contacted this afternoon perhaps there is a way to make a casual inquiry about "everything being in order" in the hiring process. If you feel the caller is not giving a thoughtful answer, perhaps a more specific "Is there any reason for me not to plan around the orientation?" type question might dig a little deeper without giving away that you were/are sweating the test results.

I've been were you are and know how nerve racking it can be, but as others said the deed is done one way or the other. I believe you have a new job, so Congratulations!

Thanks for that TanR, and you are correct, this is probably one of the most nerve wracking experiences I will ever go through! Sadly, I am done with my very occasional "tokes" and must move on as my livelihood is much more important! I did read on the testing companies site that the employer can get a response within 15 minutes, and that the MRO has 48 hours after the test to contact a positive testee. I am narrowing in on that time line and hope to get the call for orientation soon. I am guessing once I get that and if I have not heard anything by the time the lab closes I am good! Like I said, still holding my breath, but at least I am breathing some now lol! Not sure I want to mention anything about it too the person that calls for the orientation, really doubt they would pay me for that session since it is a really big and well known company, I am sure they have dotted all of their "i's" and crossed all their "t's":thanks:

If you've been approved for orientation they probably already have the results back and your clean. I would continue on that assumption.

Back
Top Bottom