Super Closet LED Grow: CO2 and cooling question

Skylinedive

Question: Should I use CO2 (DIY system) during flowering stage? When can I drop temperatures in my closet to promote color change during flowering, and by how much should I drop the temp?

What Strain is it? THC Bomb, Cotton Candy Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Both hybrids
How Many Plants? 10: 6 THC Bomb, 4 CCK
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering (7/17/15)
Indoor/Outdoor, soil/hydro? Indoor, hydro (DWC+top feed+bubbles+aeroponics) in Hydroton clay pebbles
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 2.5 gal (9.5 liters) x2
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? LED 300W x1, T5 florescence x2
Cooling? Air cooled
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 80F-85F (27C-30C) day, 70F-75F (21C-24C) night
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.0
Any Pests? Negative
How Often are you Watering? 15 mins every 3 hours
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? TechnaFlora Nutrients @0.75 strength
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2'x2'x3'

First grow

I'm growing in a Super Closet LED Superstar with the main grow chamber being 2'x2'x3' (height from top of grow medium to LED). I've already deployed super cropping methods to keep some of the faster vert-growers at bay and to even the canopy. I've been using a DYI CO2 fermentation system (Yeast, sugar, water, jug). This being my first grow, I don't really know if the CO2 had any effect, positive or negative. My plants are very healthy though so I don't think it hindered anything. The LED Superstar says that it's air-tight, but there's 4 open tubes (2"-3" in diameter, at 90 degree bend) leading out the back; this is where all the cords from the pumps/bubblers/lights go through, as well as air intake. I also have 2 carbon scrubbers for air/heat output.

I read that for CO2 to really work, it needs to be in a very air-tight grow area. I can't really say what the CO2 output of this DYI system is other than by bubbles-per-minute count. That's not even a good judge of CO2 output. I shake the bottle multiple times a day to refresh the mix, completing changing it with every water changing. Of course, by shaking the mix, CO2 output is increased, as well as it decreasing by sitting. Does this provide any significant benefit to my plants, with my system and air flow? Is this just a waste of time/money buying sugar and yeast for little/no gain?

Also, I would like to decrease the temp inside the closet to promote color change via a DIY AC. When is a good time to drop the temp? Do I just drop it just for the 12 hours of darkness? Even if these two strains don't color, I'd like to know for future grows.

Other than that, they look great. No nutrient problems, no pest, no signs of distress as far as I can tell. It's definitely a smaller grow. I'm hoping that, even with limited space (3' max height, 16 max plant space), given that I didn't mess anything up too badly, that yields can be decent.

Thank you for your help in advance. Stay lifted!

I would skip the co2 you need higher temps to effectively use co2 as well as a sealed environment especially with a diy percolation style you would not be able to build up to a level that would make a difference otherwise. As far as color if you variety has the potential for color change you are still looking for 60 - 45 in the evenings which can hurt their growth sometimes as well. I would focus on getting a bug free harvest in then go for improvement from there focusing on the important factors that will give you the most bang for the buck. Nutes, water quality, temp, air flow, lighting

Back
Top Bottom