CO2 and Heat

josh1987

So i plan on building this grow closet and plan on having 4 plants which means a lot of lights which means a lot of heat. so through looking at possible situations i came up with one that i havent seen on any forums and i need to know what people think.

first i thought how can i lower a temperature of a room easily with out using much electricity? <something very cold brought in> then i thought what do plants like most, what makes them grow? <CO2>

my conclusion: DRY ICE

very easy to find fairly inexpensive and very easy to handle.

When dry ice melts it doesnt turn into a liquid it turns into a gas that plants adore. so my idea is get a 5 gallon bucket fill with dry ice and attach a very small computer fan to the top some how to pull the CO2 out of bucket and into air. now the heat should not reduce very low with this but it will help. the bulbs should create enough heat alone to melt the dry ice by itself but if not i will create a IV drip system that will drop simple water onto the dry ice to create more CO2. the water would need to be heated and the lights could do just that.

So ideas, thought, questions? If this has been done before please tell me. this is me pretty much pulling this out of my ass.

Well, for one it might work but it would get highly annoying going to buy dry ice cause it would melt... You would have to replace it offline I would think...

hi josh , IMO I would have to speculate that while using dry ice is a good idea, you would never beable to produce enough c02 to bring the ppm of the c02 in the air using dry ice.. depending on the rooms,for example: the c02 is set to go off initially for at least 15 min to saturate and bring the c02 up in the room from normal saturation levels. So after that 15 min, the timer goes off for 10 or 15, then on for 10 ,15, then off for the whole daylight period. etc... this would take a whole tank per week. and that's not for a very big room.. I am just trying to give you a good idea on what it takes to make c02 really work and the amount it takes to bring up saturation levels. anyhow , this is only an example and in no way meant to dictate the "actual" technique for using c02. THis is only an example I am no grow moderator.

Just make some wine, and use a ballon. 1/2 cup sugar 1 packet yeast, 2 cans frozen grape juice form concentrate. mix it all together in a clean gallon jug, top off with water, and attach a balloon over the open end, every time the balloon fills, take it of and release into ur box. voila co2 and in some time, wine!

just get a 400w hps and vent fan /couple of small fans /temp will be house temp + 5degree mabe you might have to put ballest outside closet

Back
Top Bottom