SW Washington Town Considers City-Run Marijuana Shop

The General

The small town of White Salmon met Monday morning to discuss the possibility of opening a city-run marijuana shop. If the city council approves moving forward with the pot shop, the council members and their spouses will be subject to background checks and must be involved in the application process. The estimated cost of preparing an operating plan for the new shop would be less than $15,000, which would come out of the city's general fund.

Some residents were intrigued by the city's plans. "It's an interesting topic," said longtime resident Ubaldo Hernandez. "It will be interesting to see what the city says about it." Others wanted more information about the proposed pot shop. "I don't have an initial negative reaction," said John Kafrouni, who has lived in White Salmon on and off for two years. "The devil's in the details really, and I'd like to know more information before I make a decision and give it a yay or nay." White Salmon is located on the Wash. side of the Columbia River Gorge, across from Hood River, Oregon.

marijuana_leaf6.jpg

News Hawk - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Kgw.com
Author: Sara Roth
Website: SW Wash. town considers city-run marijuana shop | kgw.com Portland

Back
Top Bottom