Talking Medical Marijuana With FL CAN Executive Director, Jodi James

The General

Eighteen states and the District of Columbia now allow medical marijuana use for qualified patients. Two states have legal, regulated cannabis for adults—Colorado and Washington. The battle for the legalization of medical marijuana is ongoing in the state of Florida as Republican leaders in the Florida Legislature served notice Wednesday that they intend to challenge a medical-marijuana ballot question before the state's Supreme Court.

Republican Attorney General Pam Bondi is expected to argue against next month at a Dec. 5 hearing before the court. On the Saturday, Nov. 2 airing of Dispatch Radio, Jodi James, Florida Cannabis Action Network Executive Director joined me to discuss the medical benefits of marijuana. Topics included its use for treating or alleviating the symptoms of Multiple sclerosis (MS), Post Traumatic Stress and cancer.

According to their website, the purpose of FL CAN is to generate public support for sensible cannabis policies and to assist in the implementation thereof; to provide a forum for the public to speak out on this issue of national social concern; to educate the public regarding the consequences of cannabis prohibition and to raise funds to promote these civic purposes.

Medical_Cannabis_And_Papers.jpg

News Hawk - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Theglobaldispatch.com
Author: Robert Herriman
Website: Talking medical marijuana with FL CAN Executive Director, Jodi James - The Global Dispatch

I hope Florida gets it. I am from there originally, and know people who could benefit from cannabis. The time of mindlessly putting people in prisons for plants is coming to a close. Good luck Floridians.

Back
Top Bottom