Tell what strain it is?

blazendreadlock

Didnt know if i should put this in the strain forum or not. But can u tell what strain your plant is by how many leaves are on each branch? My branches have 9 leaves each, yet im not able to see the new growth yet. Also i remember seeing it but cant find it, how do the size of the leaves tell what type of plant it is (sativa/indica)? Thanks. Ill try to get pics up soon.

long thin leaves are from the indica variety and short broad leaves are sativa

yeah your right... i was preety out of it when i was trying to think which was which.... thanks for the post dooch

Peace,
I read something about the numbers of fingers on leaves indicating the strain... Example: a plant with seven fingered leaves might indicate a kush ancestry or something like that. Seems like it'd be useful, cause then you might be able to narrow down what bag seed grows came from...

Does anybody know if thats true about the finger count being a strain indicator?

Peace

Im pretty sure how many fingers/ blades you have is just a sign of how mature the plant is. Example would be a plant with 3-5 bladed leaves compared to a plant with 9-13 blades. The plant with 9-13 blades is much more mature than the plant with 3-5 blades. Also you can see as the plant grows up and becomes more mature the number of blades do increase in most cases which is a sign of maturity.

Indica's are typically shorter and bushier than Sativa's.

GanjaMan417 said:
Im pretty sure how many fingers/ blades you have is just a sign of how mature the plant is. Example would be a plant with 3-5 bladed leaves compared to a plant with 9-13 blades. The plant with 9-13 blades is much more mature than the plant with 3-5 blades. Also you can see as the plant grows up and becomes more mature the number of blades do increase in most cases which is a sign of maturity.

Makes sense...Thanks for the info. I'll read around some more here and elsewhere to cross reference, I'll let everyone know what I find.

Back
Top Bottom