Temperature control?

HermanMunster

I just started a grow in the corner of my 12 x 12 bedroom and im currently running a 400 watt metal halide with a sun system refleector.
Im having trouble keeping the temp under 90 degrees fahrenheit.
I keep the ceiling fan on all day and the door open.
Any tips would be appreciated.

,Herman

Do you have the ability to draw fresh air in from the outside, unless your like me and the temps out side are warmer than you need you will have to cool the space. This can be done in a couple of ways, if you sun system reflector has a AC attachement then you could hook a vent and fan across the fan and vent it OUT of the room which will take alot of the heat generated in the room out of it.
Hope this helps...
Medicated in NM

I think I'm in a similar situation, but nobody has given me any insight yet. I want to attempt a closet grow in an empty room. Closet is 5 by 5. The room is about 11 by 10. I have central air, and can leave the closet door wide open if I need to, while keeping the room door closed..

At this time of year, most of us have cold outside temps. So turn the furnace down and pull air from the grow into the rest of the house.

If you are running 90 degrees in winter, think of how hot it will be in the summer. I would enclose the grow, and turn off heat to the room.

Prairie

Herman - you don't say if you r in a 12 on/12 off flowering stage or in a vegitative stage with lights on the whole 24 hours or 18 on 6 off - whatever takes your fancy. I'll assume its vegging as you've only just started. If you are flowering your can control temps somewhat by growing at night and have your dark period during the day. Keep it strictly dark during the day though - no light at all getting in!!

Another way to reduce heat is to have your ballasts outside the room. It can mean having to wire up longer extensions to compensate for the longer distances.

But you have a bigger problem I think . . . how are you going to flower the plants, They MUST have 12 hours light then 12 of Dark. And I do mean DARK - .NO light can enter the grow area during the hours of darkness. That means using your room as a normal room is not an option You cannot guarantee being able to keep the door shut. PrairiePoet has got it right . . . .you r going to need to enclose the grow - a room within a room. A grow tent is probably your best option.

ThisBuds4u - you r right . you do have a similar problem room within a room is your best answer too if you cant relocate.

Back
Top Bottom