Closet / Fuse Box / temperature

gungun

is there any danger with growing in the closet where the fuse box for the house is? I spoke to an electrician and he said fuse boxes are designed to handle high temperatures, 100 degrees plus, and he said if the fuse box is too hot to touch, you have a problem. Now I know the grow room temperature should never be more than 90 degrees but anyone ever have any issues or worries about this type of thing? My 400 HPS would be hanging within inches of the box. Last thing anyone wants to do is start a fire and burn down the house. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey gungun &:welcome: to 420mag

I'm no growing expert. I'm no electrician either. But for some reason I just wouldn't grow where your fuse box is. Even less so if it's a hydro system :smokin:

I have trouble imagining a fuse box large enough to grow in, but then again I live in a condo and have a fuse panel, eheh..

Why not build a box? There's more useful advice about building your own box than you'll ever be able to read :grinjoint:

i personally would never grow in a closet with the electrical panel. i make sure there arent even the plugs for my equipment inside my growbox. ballast and everything is outside not just beacause of heat but because of potential fire. in my city last year there was a terrible fire where 2 firefighters died due to a fire in a grow room in a basement when the cause was found the couple was charged not only with the 2 plants they had but with the deaths of the firefighters. so i consider fire safety a must. if u have a basement build a grow box and vent it using the dryer vent (if u can) if u need any help i will be more than happy to pass on the info i have accumilated over the years.

Back
Top Bottom