Tripped fuse box broke my Digital Ballast, help?

Hi 420Magazine fam,

Got a small problem I was wondering if someone more experienced in Digital Ballasts could help.

Ok so I have a 600w Digital dimmable ballast made by Techone. This is the ballast......

TechOne_Dimmable_lrg.jpg

The other day I come back from work and my fuse box has tripped. I switch the thing back on but when I do my ballast is no longer working.

I think I heard that if the bulb isnt working then digital ballasts wont ignite. Is this true? That may not be the problem though as I cant get it on to check.

First question is, would a tripped fuse blow a 600w hps bulb?

And second question, if thats not the case is there any reason a ballast wouldn't work after a fuse tripping out?

Thanks 420 :Namaste:

Have you tried the ballast since?? We had blown an breaker on our breaker box and the bulb would not light back up, it just needed time to cool, I gave it half and hour and tried again, and away it went. also, is there some sort of reset on the ballast??

Hi Ho4snypr,

Yeh it was over 24hrs ago and its still not working. I'l have a look now for a reset switch, dont remember seeing one though.
Thanks for reply mate :)

1. check the outlet, some breakers need to be pushed the other way then reset. Put another light or something to check the outlet.

2. if the outlet works, check for a fuse. It pretty much has to have something, fuse, breaker... It might be inside. Don't open it if it's under warranty.

if it's under warranty, send it back, if not, see if they have a FAQ or tech support on their site.

Remove the bulb and check if the internal fan comes on.

Smell it, see if it smells burnt.

Thanks for all the info karljay, I'l remove the bulb and check if it comes on.

Best not open is as I can probably take it back if its broke.

Thanks for info mate reps at ya both

Back
Top Bottom