The ancient method

Metal Halide

Going fully organic is one thing but what about a dry and cure that simulates the conditions of its birthplace, The great steppes of central Asia.

In the wild they are massive but if yours are large enough they can and will collapse if given enough time.
After your final flush (if your indoors)

Do all the trimming before you cut (simulating insects and animals eating the plant)
Let them totally dry up in the pot and let those fat nugs hang to the floor ( simulating the change in weather conditions of the great steppe ( where cannabis evolved) during the autumn equinox (harvest moon). basically, it gets windy n stuff to allow for the seeds to be scattered, the large unsupported stems fall and collapse (simulating your hanging upside down in dry room)

During the central Asian autumn equinox there is around 14 hours of darkness which is all you really need as the final dark period before harvest but before that don't water at all until they are dying on their own and then cut them just after that final 14 hours of darkness once they are well and truly dry (simulating the end of the dry season before the monsoonal rains start) dry, No humidity & windy.

Go straight from that into your cure, Curing is essentially covering the cannabis and giving it high humidity (this happens on the forest floor after it's covered in dead plant and animal matter during monsoonal weather. Ancient humans most likely cured underground in wrapped leave bundles better known as budda buds.

Ive done it and its great fun and it gives an amazing smoke. I like to do it with my original strains. Money maker is as close as i can get to the original Hindu kush and master kush atm which is only 2 away from the ancient afghan kush which correct me if I'm wrong has no Mexican indica in it at all.
Heres a pic of one of my money maker girls at the start of week 6. She's old but beautiful isnt she. Lets not forget she won the cup in 1992 back when hadn't even smoked a scoob yet.

I kind of understand what you want mean. Thing is just because it was a certain way at one time does not mean it should continue that way.

Yes doing things the old way might give you some old school flavors. Thing is, It is probably killing THC just like it did in the old days.

Lots of new things on the grow seen these days. Drying and curing practices of today are pretty solid. It is not something I would mess with too much.

Back
Top Bottom