The Babies

Mick1125

Got these babies going now for about one month from seed, first-timer so would greatly appreciate any wisdom that could be bestowed from the "elders". Bagseed, keeping my PH at about 6.3, feeding 1/4 potency nute doses, was on 24/0 MH lighting but have recently gone to 18/6 due to hot weather and temps. Really looking for them to start showing signs of sex, but not sure if I have the eye for it yet. Got me a magnifine glass and some web pics to compare, but still can't tell. Will try borrowing a friends camera to get some better pics. I have 4 nodes on most so far and am looking to top them in the next 7-10 days as height is a restriction for my environment, I'm thinking of switching my bulb to HPS and going 12/12 in about 3 weeks. Does this sound feasible?? As a beginner I'm just looking to finish a grow will any possible yield. I just want to get some experience under the belt and get wiser as I go. Look forward to anyone and everyone's input, good or bad! Peace!

0011436.jpg

0021433.jpg

0031370.jpg

0041273.jpg

To post pictures you are going to want to go to the "Gallery" tab at the top of the webpage, from there go to "Upload Pictures". From there you can pick and upload your pictures, make sure you actually "Upload" after you choose them :laugh: I always forget..

Your nute feeding sounds good, waited a month to start. Your plant will definitely start showing sex if you start to diminish your light schedule, at 18/6 your girl will stay in veg, but once mature enough to flower it will show signs of sex while in 18/6. Just keep a close eye with internet photos and you should be able to tell here soon. Might want to look into "GLR", gradual light reduction. Your plan of topping 3 weeks prior to flipping to 12/12 definitely sounds feasible. Just a rule of thumb, after any topping/defoliating you should wait at least a week to let your girl run her stress out and get back to growing. I think you have a pretty good grip on what you are doing, lets see some pics!! :thumb:

:peace: CA

CA~ thanks for the info, I uploaded a few pics but i wasn't able to figure out how to put them into my thread/post. Anyway, they are in my gallery, or under "Cannabis Plants" keywords (plant bud photos) labeled "the babies". Anyway, thanks again and I'll try to update more when I have something new. Keep it real!!

CA~ thanks for the info, I uploaded a few pics but i wasn't able to figure out how to put them into my thread/post. Anyway, they are in my gallery, or under "Cannabis Plants" keywords (plant bud photos) labeled "the babies". Anyway, thanks again and I'll try to update more when I have something new. Keep it real!!

I totally forgot to mention that.. So when you are replying to a post or going to post, look up at the smiley icon, hyperlink, envelope, etc. There is a camera with a green arrow, click that and it will bring you to your gallery, where you then can just click the thumbnail and it will insert it into your post :thumb: Just checked the pictures, I would personally wait a little longer to top them, they are still little babies, maybe in the following few days? Although i'm no topping expert lol :) have you considered any lst on the girl? Would work pretty well in your favor and no stress whatsoever!

another thing; im far "far east" and its almost impossible to get my hands on any good nutes, (ex. fox farms /B52) those sorts, I've been using things I've found randomly, trying to get the different elemnt ratios some what in order. I found Miracle Grow's "Orchid Food" which I heard from a guy saying was ideal and that MJ loved the stuff, but to be honest I didnt really think it was doing anything. Anyway, I found some organic chicken "sh*t" / and also some organic "seaweed" stuff, I really want to go as natural / organic as possible so my yeilds dont turn out tasting like chems. anyone have any ideas... ive found a few different things which seem to be bringing good growth, but again I dont want it coming out tasting like a cig. But as of now Im feeding every other day and 1/4 strength. Like i mentioned, its from seed and its day 24 from two plate / papertowel style germination. Ideas/Input anyone?? (greatly apreciated)

Just checked the pictures, I would personally wait a little longer to top them, they are still little babies, maybe in the following few days? Although i'm no topping expert lol :) have you considered any lst on the girl? Would work pretty well in your favor and no stress whatsoever!

I was gonna wait another 7-10 days before topping. My acronyms and terminoligy are still a little behind, you asked "have you considered any lst on the girl?" what does lst stand for? Like I mentioned space is really limited for me here. and do to height limitations I can only let them get so tall otherwise i run the risk of heat burn. Plus Im not sure which is which yet (male or female). You couldnt tell by the second photo of the side stem shot could you? Anyway, curious to hear more about "lst"...

Alright- heres the deal, Im on day 7 of flowering and about three days ago I started to get this "creepy curl" on a few of my plants "top node" leaves, my plants were topped about 2 weeks ago. Can anyone tell me what this curl is and how do i address the issue. I may have over watered a the past couple days, also im on 12/12 and my temp goes way down when the lights off, like 55-58 degrees, but my temps with light on are about 75-80. Is this too big of a temp flux?? Also, I am giving organic phosphorus and calcium nutes, along with an organic general "seaweed" nute mix. Im not sure if its a stress problem? nute problem? over watering? temp problem?? Im really kinda stumped here guys...

Any advice would be greatful, thanks~ Peace!! Mikey

curl-002.jpg

curl-001.jpg

curl-003.jpg

Ahh somehow all my text got erased... nittygritty.. I dont think the temp fluctuation would be doing the leaf curl, any one else wanna chime in? I would cut back the nutes for abit and give these babies pH'd water, how often are you feeding your additives and at what rate? How high are your lights from your plants Mikey? Are all the plants looking like this?

Ahh somehow all my text got erased... nittygritty.. I dont think the temp fluctuation would be doing the leaf curl, any one else wanna chime in? I would cut back the nutes for abit and give these babies pH'd water, how ppppoften are you feeding your additives and at what rate? How high are your lights from your plants Mikey? Are all the plants looking like this?

Like I said, I think I over fed and over water a couple days ago, I did one day of molasses, then I did the next day of nutes ( I was a bit over zealous to feed cause I had just got my hands on some organic phosphorus and calcium) which I was dying to try out cause I read that during flowering you should use more concentrated mixes of the two. Anyway, I did a PH'd water flush yesterday, and dumped out all excess water from "over-flow trays". I'll wait until tmrw night and do a small amount 150ml PH'd water one more time and see what happens. And to answer your question, No, not all the plants are doing this, I think maybe only 5 out of 13. I normally water every other day like ex. Monday Wednesday Friday Sunday type of rotation. And I have been giving 300ml of water to a plant in a 1 gallon pot. Is that too much? I'm using 1 400W HPS on a digital ballast. The top of the plants are approximately 18inches from the light. I did a hand test and there is not heat discomfort.

Looking forward to more ideas and brainstorming,

Thanks, Mickster.

Oh and one other thing, this is only happening on the very top leaves nearest to the stalk, all the outer larger fan leaves are still very well, green and straight.

Any brown spots on the ends of the leaves or discoloration to the plants? Usually the curling or clawing as its called is over watering. If they don't show any discoloration and the leaves aren't brittle, I would say over watered, just let them dry out and they should bounce back. 18- 24 inches should be okay with that light had to reread it almost looked like 1400W. On your soil, google super soils and you find a ton of them and try and get one that is close to what you may be able to get your hands on and build your own soil and then all you have to do is water, Peace OG.

Are you foliar (sp) feeding the plants with the light on them. It is best to do it before the lights come on say maybe an hour to allow the plant to use the foliar feed , droplets on the leaves act like a magnifying glass and can burn the leaves. Also the transition period of the plant has a slight stall then the plant kicks back into the flower stage so is may not need all the nitrogen, higher p and K during flower.

another thing; im far "far east" and its almost impossible to get my hands on any good nutes, (ex. fox farms /B52) those sorts, I've been using things I've found randomly, trying to get the different elemnt ratios some what in order. I found Miracle Grow's "Orchid Food" which I heard from a guy saying was ideal and that MJ loved the stuff, but to be honest I didnt really think it was doing anything. Anyway, I found some organic chicken "sh*t" / and also some organic "seaweed" stuff, I really want to go as natural / organic as possible so my yeilds dont turn out tasting like chems. anyone have any ideas... ive found a few different things which seem to be bringing good growth, but again I dont want it coming out tasting like a cig. But as of now Im feeding every other day and 1/4 strength. Like i mentioned, its from seed and its day 24 from two plate / papertowel style germination. Ideas/Input anyone?? (greatly apreciated)

Aloha,I started using Miracle Gro Rose plant food until I could mail order better nutes and it worked great. Amazon has everything you need and good price. Just remember altho you have a ways to go til harvest, don't forget flush your plants. Stay with 420 Magazine for help. There are some awesome growers willing to help and teach different methods of growing that fit your style. Thanks to some members I was able to get a bigger and better harvest each year. I live in Hawaii and I grow all year outdoors in soil. Aloha and "Keep it Green"
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_8_1.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_7_1.JPG
Top_of_a_re-vegged_plant.JPG
2nd_batch_of_my_summer_grow_in_Hawaii_2013_019.JPG
2nd_grow_of_the_summer_This_is_either_Master_Kush_or_Wonder_Woman_Lost_tag_5_.JPG

I would hold off nutrients until they get more established and are a little stronger, maybe a couple more weeks of just Ph'd water or until you start to see some yellowing, then start adding the nutrients. I'm thinking the soil you have your girls in probably has enough nutes in it to get your girls grown up abit and ready for the nutrients. I would also try to back off your watering abit too, let those pots get super dry before watering, preferably right before you would start seeing them droopy, and of course when starting up nutes again, always begin your dosing at a 1/4 strength to ensure no ill effects on your babies, :Namaste: that's my opinion, hope some of it helps!

Re: The Babies - Is it a Male???

hey everyone,

day 10 of flowering, 12/12, found a couple round bumps on plant 004, tried to get some clear shots, anyway can anyone please tell me if this is a male. I have too many plants for my little space and I need to clear some out so I can have room.

much appreciated! -Mikey

004-005.jpg

004-004.jpg

004-002.jpg

004-001.jpg

004-003.jpg

Please Help! Sausage Party- Male Plants??!!

Okie Dokie-
13 beauties, tonight I took 'em out for some inspection, I found four shady fellas lurking among them. I attached a pic of four plants which I believe to be male plants, can someone (as many people as possible) please confirm for me that they are indeed male plants.

Thanks, Mikey

grapes-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom