The claw?

jrob1984

420-magazine-mobile1601843136.jpg

Is it too much N? I haven't been giving too much N. I'm leaning towards underwatered.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is it too much N? I haven't been giving too much N. I'm leaning towards underwatered.

I dont think its under watering due to your leaves actually curling. Usually over or under watering the leaves will just droop. I have seen this before but I dont quit remember what the cause was. What is your soil PH? From what my ole trusty book says it may be a zinc deficiency. Not to sure about that but it may give you some direction to research. Ok, after a closer look at your picture... I am gonna say you are correct on the nitrogen. I think you got just a little burn. Same thing that happened to me the first time I started using the Fox Farm line up.

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is it too much N?

That would be my first guess. They're clawing down and I see some mild burning on the tips.

I haven't been giving too much N. I'm leaning towards underwatered.

"Too much" is a relative thing. IDK how long your plants have been flowering for, but if they are already past the stretch (first 40% of the flowering period) then their nitrogen requirement drops markedly. Also, depending on your medium, there may already be nitrogen present in it in a form that the plant can access, I suppose.

Nitrogen toxicity is not the only thing that can cause this symptom - but it is by far the most common, AfaIK.

Is the pH in the proper range for your medium? If it is too high or too low, this can cause "strange" gremlins. And pH is not a static thing... When I was growing via DWC hydroponics, I started out monitoring pH quite often - and I observed that the pH changed as the plants consumed certain nutrients (which meant that I was able to "spike" my nutrient tanks with a nutrient component and both extend the time between changes and move the pH back where I wanted it without having to specifically adjust it).

I'm leaning towards underwatered.

Are your plants drooping badly all over? When you pick up the containers, do they almost feel like they are empty? Have you... ever had a plant fall over because you barely bumped it and it turned out that the container didn't have enough mass to prevent the weight of the plant from tipping (been there, done that, lol)?

Cannabis doesn't like to be "waterlogged." It seems to do best with a good watering, followed by enough time for the medium to dry significantly. Rinse/lather/repeat. (I am speaking of grows which use soil for a medium here - obviously, hydroponic growing is somewhat different and much depends on the amount of DO (dissolved oxygen) in the reservoir.)

How do your plants look overall? If they're chronically under-watered, they won't grow (or flower) much if at all; I would expect the bulk of the plants' energy to be spent on root growth as a moisture-seeking survival move.

I dont think its under watering due to your leaves actually curling. Usually over or under watering the leaves will just droop. I have seen this before but I dont quit remember what the cause was. What is your soil PH? From what my ole trusty book says it may be a zinc deficiency. Not to sure about that but it may give you some direction to research. Ok, after a closer look at your picture... I am gonna say you are correct on the nitrogen. I think you got just a little burn. Same thing that happened to me the first time I started using the Fox Farm line up.

lol I'm using fox farm as well, I think I'm going to GH on my next plant.

lol I'm using fox farm as well, I think I'm going to GH on my next plant.

I love my fox farm. Just got to build the plant up slowly. That shit can be strong. I myself have thought about exploring new nutrients for my next grow.

Back
Top Bottom