The Kettle Falls 5

MauiWauiGuy

God help us in the medical community if these 5 are prosecuted. They plan on putting a 70 yr old man and his wife that are both state legal to grow in prison. The prosecutors are looking for 10 to life. The son in law, his wife and 1 more member are all being charged with 6 (Count them) felony charges.

Where they dropped the ball IMHO is the 100 plant law. They confiscated 44 plants. The feds figure that they are turning plants every 3 months which puts them well over the 100 plant law. Even thought these 5 were growing for them selves, they were doing it together. That is the premise of the charges.

They have confiscated the family car, 700 in cash from the house and ALL legally owned weapons. No weapons charges at the moment but I suppose that could change.

Just so I have my info right, here is a link:

Five Washington State Medical Marijuana Patients Face Federal Trials

This is happening in my back yard and has me VERY concerned for my safety and the safety of my family. Thats all I need is to have them coming barging into my house with my kids sleeping.

My personal take on this is..... mums the word. I have no idea what you are talking about. Huh, I don't grow.

Maui

Well this is not good. The judge in the case just ruled the the defendants CAN NOT use the MMJ defense because it is against FEDERAL law.

God help these people.

Maui

This is serious!
Too bad this is on the eastern side of the state (also where I reside) because the western side would have laughed this off...
As long as the feds have a say so in anything, nothing will ever go our way.

Yeah real serious. The only saving grace for the rest of us is that this was an old arrest. Later part of 2012. We have made leaps and bounds since then but still worrisome as I live on the east side.

Maui

Yeah real serious. The only saving grace for the rest of us is that this was an old arrest. Later part of 2012. We have made leaps and bounds since then but still worrisome as I live on the east side.

Maui
Not to go off topic, but do you also get the military jets flying over your place everyday where your at?
Just askin because where I am at it is everyday all day long and extremely low flying.
they are coming in from Portland Oregon. Don't make any sense.

No I live on the north side which keeps me out of military pattern. We get an occasional passenger plane over head but not much.

Maui

Back
Top Bottom