Theories on Feminized Seeds

There are two main ways to create your own feminized cannabis seeds:

using rodelization as nature does it
Or the colloidal silver spray method
when colloidal silver solution-is sprayed regularly on a -female cannabis plants during the early flowering stage, she will grow male "balls" (which are full of female pollen) instead of growing buds.-You can use this all-female pollen to pollinate another female plant. With two female plants as parents, ALL the seeds will end up being female.

Rodelization-takes advantage of the fact that a female plant will try to pollinate herself as a last resort when she doesn't get pollinated and is nearing the end of her lifecycle. That is why sometimes older or stressed female plants grow a few male "balls" or nanners as a last-ditch attempt to self-pollinate. When successful, she will grow a few seeds

These self-pollinated seeds will have gotten it's genes from the-same female plant, so both parent genetics are female, and all resulting seeds will be female.

Both of which are inferior to using STS. Rodelization is basically making your plants hermie on purpose. I would not try it. 50% or more of the resulting seeds will also hermie. Using CS works and you get 2 different parents, but it doesn't work as well as Sodium Thiosulfate Solution. STS produces the fewest hermies in the offsprings (seeds), at least in my experience. That's not to say I won't grow a hermie seed, I will, depending on how bad the parent plant hermies. BUT, I WOULD NOT EVER BREED WITH HERMIES! You are breeding an unstable strain that way.

Both of which are inferior to using STS. Rodelization is basically making your plants hermie on purpose. I would not try it. 50% or more of the resulting seeds will also hermie. Using CS works and you get 2 different parents, but it doesn't work as well as Sodium Thiosulfate Solution. STS produces the fewest hermies in the offsprings (seeds), at least in my experience. That's not to say I won't grow a hermie seed, I will, depending on how bad the parent plant hermies. BUT, I WOULD NOT EVER BREED WITH HERMIES! You are breeding an unstable strain that way.

Early hemp farmers bred strains that produced both male and female flowers on the same plant in order to make their crops more uniform.
Those strains were stable.

We know that many factors including change in photo period, nutrient starvation, physical damage, temperature swings, chemical exposure and old age can cause sex reversal in cannabis.

MsBotwin - I've tried to find info for ag use of STS, but all I find are the Wiki et al. for dechlorination, etc. Is there a specific site that would give more info? Thanks

Ok, I had to go to find data specific to MMJ cultivation. Once there, lots of info.

Nature Always Finds A Way...to join what naturally must join...Cannabis the only key on this planet that fits receptors throughout our body for one reason only...Total Well-Being and Preservation by seeking out and destroying cancer cell before they can gather to form cancer.
Human Endo-Cannabinoid Systen...synergy of life...The Uncharted Shores Of Well-Being...the undiscovered country!

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHT...

Its actually not what the endocannabinoid system was created for. Our bodies naturally produce a chemical called anandamide that is structurally similar.

We are using only one third of our brain's capacity...imagine creating a strain to access the other two third??

One Flew Over The Co-coo's Nest...Two Pennies

Completely untrue. Its actually what we believe to be the part of our brain that holds our consciousness, uses about 1/3 of our total brain structure. The other 2/3rds are devoted to bodily regulation and functions.

^ damn someone beat me to it already lol.

What do you mean by unstable?

ok, So I obviously do not have any research to back my opinion that is basically based on this thread.....lol But I don't believe that every seed would turn out to be a hermaphrodite due to the stress that initially created it. Unless it was continually breeding with other hermaphrodite plants in the same area over many years. If that were the case I can see the probability being high if not guaranteed. But hey, What do I know lol.

Back
Top Bottom