Thoughts on 2000w 5x5 tent?

seattlestoner

setting up new tent thinking about running two 1000w in a 5x5 gorilla grow with sunsystem ac/de reflectors. Planned on doing 4 plant scrogs. 12in max fan for exhaust and 8 in vortex for intake plus an dual hose 11,000 btu ac humidifier already linked to another tent. my only worry is heat but i think my reflectors and fans will take care of it as well as the gorilla grow tents being extendedable. i don't have height restrictions so thats not a problem.

Yeah thats my only worry, ive got a 12 max fan that runs about 1700 cfm for exhaust and about 800 cfm intake from an 8in vortex so i think the air will recycle enough. plus ive got an ac that will turn that shit into a fridge if i need it too. I think ill be fine but ive put up posts on other forums and everybody hates and says that its too much light for the space

Actually, there's some math for that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know, for instance, that a 1000W hps will average about 1000 umols over a 4x4 canopy = 16 sqft. You're working with 25 sqft, so that'd be 1500 watts for 1000 umols. You'll be running 2000 watts, so you'll have 1350 umols average. Noon sun runs about 2000 umols, and plants get over-saturated at about 3000 umols.

:Namaste:

[Edit] But I'd recommend three or four 600s instead. They're much more efficient than 1000s.

Back
Top Bottom