Tiny Wiggly Yellow Worms On Plant - Looks Like Powder - But

LouieZ

I'm new to this forum... Hello everyone!
I have never seen this before and need some help identifying this creature.... Here's a photo of what I have... I've been growing for a while now and have never seen this before. I'm using Sunshine 4 with GH Flora nutes (DTW) and use Azamax as a root feed uptake and have had few issues with pests over the years. I found these yesterday and applied a foliar spray of Azamax... as well as MORE to the soil for more root uptake. They appear to be gone! But what are they? Are they feeding on my plants or are they just using it as a host. I am applying 10,000 ladybugs tonight as a safe measure. This was noticed only on one, problematic, sickly Thunderfuck plant that I accidentally let go too long between waterings... my other plants are healthy looking and did not show any signs of the powdery looking worm infestations.
Any ideas out there? What could they be?

Aaarrrggghhh... I can't post my photos? Why?
How do I post photos?

Well, to describe them, they are microscopic and look like a very skinny yellow earth worm... must be about 1/128 of an inch long and there are thousands of them on a stem... it looks like yellow or orange powder with the naked eye... but under a microscope, the entire "powdery" area is alive and wiggling like crazy...

Hi Louie, Welcome to the site.

Here's a link that will help you upload pictures
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I have to assume your growing outdoors in this case. If so, then it's possible they are corn-boring species of caterpillars ( eggs laid by moth) Now, Ladybugs will eat all the eggs, but with the abundance (10,000) they will just eat what is there, and they will leave, or else die. I've been recommended to use Azamax before, but I also have been recommended to use Safter BT spray (for caterpillars only) It seems you have confirmed it to be a "worm" or "caterpillar"

If this is indeed outdoors, you'll need to continue your foliar applications as well as manually inspect the leaves and buds for any cacoons, or drilling going on.

I grow outdoors and have to deal with European-Corn Borers, literally the worst possible threat.
Do they look like this?
photo_19_4.JPG
photo_10_22.JPG
photo_12_16.JPG

Best of luck

bugs7.jpg

Here is a picture of the bugs - finally... Thank You Relaxed for the notes on how to upload pics... (by the way, I grow indoors) So, these worms are tiny... microscopic... by the naked eye it looks like a powdery substance, but under the microscope they are alive and very energetic! There is no visible signs of damage to the plant. (so far). I used Azamax as a foliar spray, and add to the soil for root uptake. Does this photo help to identify these critters... The only pests I have seen on my grow has been a couple of adult Wolf spiders running up and down the plants... from what I understand they are helpful pests and since I've never seen a web on my plants, they must be visiting and hunting, so I let them enjoy the plants. About a month ago I did see a long narrow white moth-like pest, about a quarter of an inch long. I touched it and it flew away. Never gave it another thought, never seen another one, noticed no damage or other weird signs on plants until the powdery substance (worms)the other day. Thanks in advance for the suggestions... any and all.

Yeah to be honest, I don't think I've ever came across this.
But yeah I would act quick, that doesn't look inviting, but doesn't seem as though they're damaging anything. Either way I'd want them gone.

So after lots of research and losing a lot of girls, I finally identified what these are. They are "Hemp Russet Mites" and apparently can be extremely tough to fight. Im gonna try to battle these off and Ill report back the results of the war.

Back
Top Bottom