To Drip... or Not To Drip

flybyshooting

That is the question

So anyways I have a grow in progress (link in my sig) but I am leaving for vacation for 3 weeks.

Problem is the Deep Water Culture thing only has 6 gallons and I need more than that :hmmmm:

I built a reservoir using an 18 gallon tote with a water pump that pumps 1 gallon a day on a timer into my Deep Water Culture system :)

My Deep Water Culture has an overflow chute that i installed at the 6 gallon mark so anything over 6 gallons drains back into the reservoir tote :reading420magazine:

Heres the Question:
I am using 1/4" tubing to pump water into the system. I also have a 1gph button dripper.

The dripper takes 24 minutes to deliver 500mL of water, which translates to 3 hours for 1 gallon.

The tubing alone takes 47seconds to deliver 500mL of water, which translates to 6 minutes for 1 gallon

Using the tubing I would save electricity but using the dripper the water might have more oxygenation (as each drop individually passes through the air to splash into the water)
My timer can be set to the minute so both are possible

Which should I do? Dripper or tubing alone?
:peace:

That is the question

So anyways I have a grow in progress (link in my sig) but I am leaving for vacation for 3 weeks.

Problem is the Deep Water Culture thing only has 6 gallons and I need more than that :hmmmm:

I built a reservoir using an 18 gallon tote with a water pump that pumps 1 gallon a day on a timer into my Deep Water Culture system :)

My Deep Water Culture has an overflow chute that i installed at the 6 gallon mark so anything over 6 gallons drains back into the reservoir tote :reading420magazine:

Heres the Question:
I am using 1/4" tubing to pump water into the system. I also have a 1gph button dripper.

The dripper takes 24 minutes to deliver 500mL of water, which translates to 3 hours for 1 gallon.

The tubing alone takes 47seconds to deliver 500mL of water, which translates to 6 minutes for 1 gallon

Using the tubing I would save electricity but using the dripper the water might have more oxygenation (as each drop individually passes through the air to splash into the water)
My timer can be set to the minute so both are possible

Which should I do? Dripper or tubing alone?
:peace:

I would agree with Longhorn on the dripper. Do you have anyone to check on the plants during that three week period? That is an awfully long time for them to be left untouched.

Flyby..Do you have the June 2009 issue of HT? If so, "Harvest a Pound Every Three Weeks" is an article in there, you could build an aerponic type of unit for 15 bucks and it would work for three weeks...This method has been posted on a forum before..either here or another one somewhere...If anyone knows of the link for this article please help us out...thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom