to harvest or not to harvest

Atom43

SOIL GROW

Strain - Northern Lights Automatic feminised (white label seeds from Sensi Seeds)
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - flowering
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - natural light
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - 75% Perlite 25% Vermiculite
PPM - 900
PH - 6.5
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 10' x 10'
Pests - None Known

Problem: The seeds were planted around end of May. As I am approaching the final stages of my first growth, I'm in great doubt about the timing for my harvest. The three plants have been trimmed in different fashions over the vegetative stage, as I wanted to experiment on possible yield. One has been left "natural", while the other two have been topped.

All the buds now are getting sticky, but as I will be out for holidays in the middle of August (10 to 27), I am in great doubt: should I harvest before leaving or let the holiday time pass and get busy on my way back? I'm really concerdo to come back and find that i missed the peak of the flowering stage...

please help

Re: to harvest or not to harvest...

As far as I remember the three sorted around the second week of May (more or less.. i know.. I should have kept a journal but I was so excited I forgot to track all the stages)... the flowering began around 10/12 days ago

I see yer dilemma but according to your pics the plant is fast maturing. Sensi Seeds White Label has a 40-55 day flower time but they are vague on full life span that throws me off a it.... Tells me it is subject to your own interpretation. By looking at your plants based on pot size they been flowering for a bit longer , they look like they are just about to puff up and ripen. If it is a 60-80 day strain I would try to gawk at the trics under a scope and determine if they look ripe enough , or heck even take a sample nug from each today ;)

well I guess all your point make sense... I still also have around a month before leaving so I think they will be more then ready by the time..

I think I am a little offset by the short time they took to ripe to this stage.. I was hoping to get them to stay in veg state longer and grow taller but I guess that auto flowering strain caught me ahead and just went on blooming no matter what... will try something more controllable next time :D thanks again

well I guess all your point make sense... I still also have around a month before leaving so I think they will be more then ready by the time..

I think I am a little offset by the short time they took to ripe to this stage.. I was hoping to get them to stay in veg state longer and grow taller but I guess that auto flowering strain caught me ahead and just went on blooming no matter what... will try something more controllable next time :D thanks again
For future reference and also keep in mind that most Ruderalis based auto will veg for 30-40 days from sprout then roughly same time or more to flower.

Back
Top Bottom