Too Tall Veg Plants

johnwc

My flower room has been slow in building and my VEG plants are five feet. So, What to do? Prune or top? Bend the tops? OH, they are in dirt.
Any thoughts from the longtime growers out there.
JC in Portland

I had some thai plants that got about that high and when I flowered them they jumped up another 6" in the first week. I staked the main trunk up and forced the top to bend at 3.5' wasn't pretty and the crunch was a hideous sound butt it didn't hurt them one bit. If you top them they could slow way down since that may make them want to stay in veg for a little longer.

Thanks for your replies. Completed the room last night. It sure takes a long time to do it right, get everything to fit, and buildout.
The flower room is 10 by 14, with 3x3+9 600w vented hoods.
Ceiling is just short of 8 feet. So, with hood and hanging bracket, the bottom of the hood is only 6+ feet.
I'm going to tie string to the top and do a slow bend. I was thinking of also rigging a different hanging bracket so I can regain the 5" on the top.
JC

As long as the plants are in veg, there is no harm in topping the same day as the 12/12 switch. Turn the tops into clones and plant em outside and see what they do. How many plants you got in this room "caregiver"?

You can easily expect 8'-9' tall plants by the time the stretch is over.

Veg. for 30 days or until you reach the sixth node. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom