Top Wisconsin Legislator 'Open' To Medical Marijuana Legalization

Katelyn Baker

Wisconsin - One of Wisconsin's top state lawmakers said publicly that he's open to the idea of legalizing medical marijuana in the state, but stopped short of saying he'd bring forward legislation to that effect.

"I'm not an expert on medical marijuana, but I certainly have no problem saying if you have a sincere medical need and your doctor prescribes it and it's done under the normal process of any other opiate, I would be opened to that," said Vos, according to a FOX 11 article published this week.

According to a FOX 6 report, the news came as quite a shock to his fellow legislators.

"He said that?" Senate Majority leader Scott Fitzgerald said in a FOX 6 news report when asked about Vos' comments regarding medical marijuana. "No, I'm not that far. I have no idea where the caucus would be, but I'm certainly not there personally," he added.

In what Republican lawmakers call an entirely separate issue, Wisconsin legalized the use of CBD Oil, or marijuana oil in 2014, but only in very specific situations accessible to licensed providers.

According to the FOX 11 report, Vos said he wants to expand the access of these oils. CBD oil is used to treat seizures.

There are currently 16 U.S. states that have legalized CBD or marijuana oils, and 28 states have legalized medical marijuana. In the Midwest, states that have legalized medical marijuana include Minnesota, Michigan and Illinois.

bud353.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Top Wisconsin Legislator 'Open' To Medical Marijuana Legalization
Author: Scott Anderson
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom