Topping the plant off?

quiyettoker

should i top it off or not top it off? i need the pros and cons of not doin it and doin it.

There are many reasons to top. One doesn't just top one's plants arbitrarily just to top them, you have to have an objective for topping. Like: "I want one plant with 4 colas", or "I only have 4 feet of vertical space, but have 100 miles of horizontal!".

You would top your plants for both those reasons, but you would continue to train and grow them differently (basicaly multiple "toppings" with some training, etc").

So, I guess what I'm trying to say, is "If you don't have a specific objective for topping your plant, you probably don't need to do it."

topping a plant eliminates the crown(i.e Queen nug)but replaces it with girth and more branches, i have this to all my plants and i do it everytime, the supercrop method is awesome and i have had great bush's!

I had one of my plants that was growing straight up. It had one huge bud on the top. So I got my sissors and just cut the bud off at an angle and now it has branched out into several new leaves and alreadying budding. I need to make all of mine bush since I really dont have a place for them grow up. Does just trimming the top off make them bush out. Im afraid to try it on my other 2. Dont want to kill them !!! Any suggestions????? Thxs...

More branches DOES NOT mean more weed.
It means more, but smaller buds. Same total yield by weight as an untopped plant.
You CAN get more weed off a topped plant but it takes extra soil (for root mass), extra water & nutrients, and more light.
Outdoors, if you have amended the soil in a wide area and supply the plant with extra water & nutes, you CAN get more yield, lots more from a topped plant.

if u start a plant early in the year outside let it grow bout 2 mounths then top the whole plant all the branchs

Back
Top Bottom