Pros and cons

homegrower

What are the pros and cons of having the lights off longer then they are on during budding? Would it hurt my plants if I went from 12/12 to10 hours on and 14 off ?

Well 12/12 is the normal assoicated timing scedule to induce flowering of MJ.

I've been using diminshing light routine DLR for awhile now & thats gradual decrease in light time over the flowering period with out ill effect, this resmembles nature as the seasons progress towards winter day light hours get shorter !

Copy & paste job - DLR

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

I use a slight variation of this for a indica dominate strain which takes aprox 7 to 9 weeks to complete.

1. Can decrease total lenght of flowering time & maturing plants quicker.

2. Reduced electric bill.

As for cons well er, i have not found any yet ?

Back
Top Bottom