Pros/Cons of bringing old plants out

PsillyRabbit

So I have 30 something Sativa dom plants that are at 82 days 12/12 from seed. I want the tent they are in and they will be done within 2-3 weeks. It's just warm enough out that it should not freeze at night anymore. Nights will be in the low 40s.
Would you put them out in an unheated greenhouse? What do you feel the pros and cons would be ?

far too close to freezing. you'd lose them.

edit : if you can heat the green house to 56f they will keep overnight. the temps will need to be closer to 75f or higher for them to continue to develop during the day.

they also need to stay on the 12/12, so it will depend on your daylight hours.

lose them how quick ? I have kept plenty of plants out in fall to 40 nights.
The light is at 11 hours right now so they will drop 1 hour from 12/12
Its about 82 in there right now. You think they will just up and die?
I'm fine with them finishing slowly for the next two weeks.

lose them how quick ?

as soon as the root zone hits 13c they stall and go into suspension. somewhere around 5 - 7c the roots die off and the plant keels. important to note it's the root zone that makes the difference more than the air temp.

ill shove my inkbird in there and read the soil temp. I need the space they are alread y out camping in the yard
1709575816297.png
1709575846957.png

Just pick em if i need teh space? There are no pros here? No bulking no color. just deadness.
-edit for some reason that above post was not there when I replied.

Just pick em if i need teh space? There are no pros here? No bulking no color. just deadness.

they're a bit early. a little heat would help.

i'm not sure what your priorities are. i harvested premature outdoor plants after the first killing frost loads of times. they're finished if the buds get frosted. the leaves generally won't survive much past that. you can leave them stand but they won't develop after.

as soon as the root zone hits 13c they stall and go into suspension. somewhere around 5 - 7c the roots die off and the plant keels. important to note it's the root zone that makes the difference more than the air temp.
so a stalled plant is just not doing anything? Basically they will stay at "82" days of flower until they die ?

so a stalled plant is just not doing anything? Basically they will stay at "82" days of flower until they die ?

they don't mature any more. the plant just preserves energy until it's warm enough.

advanced degradation of terpenes and alkaloids ?

will depend how cold it is etc. if the plant can get warm enough during daylight hours it picks up where it left off.
if cold enough it's the same thing that happens to any kind of produce that gets frosted.

Back
Top Bottom