Transplanting

Red Eye Jedi

I'm a little over 2 weeks into my grow and I see the bottom leaves (the first two spiky to pop out) starting to die. My guess is this is either from lack of nutrients, or cramped container, or both.I'm trying to use as little nutrients as possible. So my question is, when I transplant my plant into a new container with new soil, will that soil have enough new nutrients to sustain it for a while? I know eventually, I'll have to add some kind of nutes, but for now do you think it'll be able to feed off the new soil?

Mo info...size of the container now? Lighting? I know from reading Urdedpal's reads on Veg, that no, repeat no ferts s/b used for the 1st month or so. Take a look at Urdedpal's great threads on veg basics, you'll find all the answers your seeking.

it's pretty normal for those first 2 pointy-leaves to die and fall off. As the plant's canopy grows they don't get much light. If the yellowing/dying of the leaves continues to creep up the plant from the bottom it's time to give it a 1/4 strength shot of nutes. Or better yet, transplant into fresh soil.

Happy Growing!
MC

At two weeks it sounds like too much heat in the grow area, or it is a light issue or a watering issue. Unless its in a dixie cup, it should not be rootbound.
Its easy to check though just pop the plant and soil out of the container and you will know. But next time a little more info could be useful bro.

Back
Top Bottom