TRULY uncleanable percs

Battery #2

the situation: 8 arm tree perc + splash guard

methods tried: Formula 420, Formula 420 soak and rinse(1day+soak), 91% iso and salt(shook till i couldnt shake no more) ive even tried acetone to no avail,

the piece is a double stack 8arm inline WITH of course splash guard and ice pinch and the weird part is the inline is spotless, the perc above that is spotless, the perc above that has this smokey brown "film", as does the splash guard above that, ice pinch and above: spotless. when i do these soaks i make SURE they are completely submerged so....wtf? anybody?

Soak in the alcohol for a week. Then add sea salt and work the salt all the way through, shaking all the time. Soak again if needed. It'll get clean. Most stuff only needs a few days. Be sure to keep the container you soak in closed so that the alcohol doesn't evaporate on you.

In this case, cover the openings with plastic wrap folded into four layers and a good tight rubber band. Then fill through the last opening and seal. Soak, etc.

anybody else have this problem? im starting to think its got something to do with the refined smoke doing something in my tap water....

this is slightly dangerous but try heating up your alcohol before pouring it in. I like using the microwave, 30secs at a time then pour in and let it sit for a few hours before adding in salt

The best way is to heat up the alcohol a little bit, take a zip lock bag and put your piece into it. Add a nice amount of salt and then add the heated alcohol to it. Shake.. shake... shake. Keep repeating till its clean, shouldn't take long at all. Good Luck!

Has anyone ever tried coke(the cola) for cleaning? On Mythbusters they proved that it cleans off lots of stuff from rust to blood. It even eats away at concrete!

I'ma go try it, but all I have is diet/caffeine-free so I don't know if it will be as effective, but then, it might work better..:hmmmm:

Yeah, that's a big NO on Coke diet/caffeine-free as a resin remover. After four hours soak, it's just as hard to get the resin off as before. Oh well, worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom