Turboklone 24 and Heat?!

legalinaz

So we've been playing with the Turboklone 24 and even with 72 degree room temps, and the fan running on the unit I cannot get the water temp below 85 degrees. Cuttings just rot in the thing and sludge builds up in the res.

I am willing to try a timer to turn the pump off from time to time but how much will that really help? It looks like i'll need to drop $60 on a ART-DNe timer to do this.

I'm beginning to think this was a waste of money. A 5 gallon bucket would have given me much more stable water temps.

Anyone else running into this?

Tech support has been really good about getting back to me and walking me thru different things but as of right now, I am doing all that they suggest and still cannot keep the water cool.

Is it possible to place the unit on a concrete floor?

It's actually on a tile floor right now, on top of a concrete foundation... on the main floor of the house with nothing below it.

I am running 1 liter frozen bottles in it right now and I am going thru 4-5 per day just to keep temps down to 75.

Plastic ice packs then you won't have to keep going through water bottles and can alternate between the packs. Use H2O2 which will prevent the root rot.

Thanks man... i have been doing both. I think I may have screwed myself early on though. Even though all of my clones are still perky and even showing top growth, all I see is tiny nubs and only on a couple of them. All of the others seem to have white slimy masses on their stems instead of roots.

Ughh... I guess ill start over with a lot more ice packs. This thing is far from hands-off like I had hoped. :(

I'm having the same problem. I put the unit into a base that holds water. I add 2 ice packs, ice around and still cant reach the 75 degree mark. Maybe the unit requires 2 fan to be hands off. Doing the 65-75 suggested range seems impossible.

Back
Top Bottom