Two Men Hold up Cannabis Clinic

Pinch

Take Cash, Marijuana from We Are Hemp in San Leando

SAN LEANDRO, CA – Alameda County sheriff's detectives are investigating the first recorded incident at a county-licensed marijuana clinic this year.
A robbery was reported Wednesday at the We Are Hemp dispensary, authorities said Thursday.

Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Bill Gaudinier said two armed men talked their way into the establishment, on the 900 block of East Lewelling Boulevard, and robbed an employee.

The men, described as African American and between the ages 18 and 23, wore hooded sweat shirts when they approached the business and "pretended that they wanted to become a member," Gaudinier said.

Once permitted inside the club, the robbers brandished handguns and forced a worker to hand over cash and marijuana.

Deputies searched the area surrounding the dispensary but were unable to find the men, Gaudinier said.

Area pot clubs were victimized in a string of burglaries and robberies in 2005.

Source: InsideBayArea.com
Copyright: © 2000-2006 ANG Newspapers
Author: Staff Reports
Published: May 12, 2006
Web: Two men hold up cannabis clinic – East Bay Times

Not a really nice neighborhood.. :peace:

I know it's not really funny that this happened, since they stole people's medicine, but I couldn't help but LOL :laughtwo: when I read it, a weed store getting robbed, seems unheard of in this country. I wonder how much they got away with, you know they took some bomb ass buds.

It happens more often than one thinks.

As you can imagine it's not always reported.

i can only immagine how many overtime hours the cops put in trying to find these people.....:rolleyes3

Let the countdown (to a federal bust of the place) begin...

I wouldn't give a shit if someone robbed a pharmacy for pills because the government can make more, but stealing medicinal pot isn't cool because it's not as plentiful.

I'm sure that there is no shortage of cannabis by any means. But seriously, robbing a place of medicine is un-cool.

hossua34 said:
Let the countdown (to a federal bust of the place) begin...

Curious.. Mr H, why do you day that? :hmmmm:

How did they get in? Did they have cards? Looks like someone fucked up.

From article: "pretended that they wanted to become a member,"

Thats aso not cool. These places will begin to close down if jackass people like these decide to rob them, then people who actually need cannabis as medication will be screwed and thats not cool at all.

Maybe the clubs need armed security guards?

were they let in the club without having paper work or the card?? i know i can barely get in places with the paper work!

HAHA420 said:
most i see usually have bouncers and the like

That kind of what I meant. Are they armed or unarmed? If they are unarmed it may work fine for those people who are just being disruptive in the club but it will not deter anyone intent on commiting armed robbery.

If you think about it, banks are filled with lots of money and valuables, and so are cannabis clubs. Why is there any reason they should not have well armed security guards protecting thier assets just like any good bank?

If these guys see a secutiy officer armed with a nice sub-machine gun they might just change thier minds on trying to rip that place off with a handgun!:laughtwo:

If you are liscensed and want to smoke peacefully more power to you, but if you feel the need to take things from others unlawfully and with the threat of violence then you should be intimidated into not acting on your impulses.

Pinch said:
Curious.. Mr H, why do you day that? :hmmmm:

Well I don't think it will actually happen, but any national press about a medical marijuana clinic is BAD. The feds always love to send a message. And every bible-beating conservative with no life will start bitching about it if they can.

hossua34 said:
Well I don't think it will actually happen, but any national press about a medical marijuana clinic is BAD. The feds always love to send a message. And every bible-beating conservative with no life will start bitching about it if they can.

I believe not so, when it occurs in the Bay Area at least. There have been fewer and fewer pothole Federal busts as California cities and counties and the State enact laws that contradict federal law and support California's SB215. (The Supes in SD County lost in court, cities are being sued as we speak for banning MCDs.)

I sincerely believe the Feds have just about given up on California as Californians totally snub the Feds and the politicized FDA, as more and more states get on board the Medical Marijuana Revolution.

The warrants the Feds get are no longer issued by city or county judges here in California because these California Judges just won't.

I don't doubt that in due time there won't be a judge left in California, federal included, who will issue worthless warrants against people just helping people.

In conclusion I believe there is no legitimate message for the Feds to send. Just my opinion and opinons are like assholes, every body has one. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

i wouldnt be surprised if the Feds are feeling pressure from the fact MMJ is at 11 states and rapidly growing. not to mention that sure half a century ago they could make up whatever medical experiments they want to get whatever results/propaganda they needed and the public would just eat it all up! but not so anymore, no one is ready to be lied to by our own government anymore, not just on MMJ but on anything (war, foreign policy, ect.). i wouldnt be surprised if big things happen during our generation(s), i am actually hoping for it

Back
Top Bottom