U.S. Company Provides Marijuana Tracking Software In Jamaica

Jacob Redmond

U.S. company BioTrackTHC said it has reached accords to provide medical marijuana tracking software and training to the only two universities in Jamaica with licenses to cultivate pot for medical and research purposes.

The agreements were announced weeks after amendments to Jamaica's 1948 Dangerous Drugs Act that decriminalize marijuana use for religious, medicinal and research purposes took effect.

BioTrackTHC said in a statement it is providing its seed-to-sale medical marijuana tracking technology and training to the University of Technology, Jamaica and the University of the West Indies at Mona, Jamaica.

"We are proud to be working with both of Jamaica's institutions of higher learning to help bolster knowledge and infrastructure for the legal medical marijuana industry in Jamaica," BioTrackTHC co-CEO Patrick Vo said.

The universities have already begun implementation and training on BioTrackTHC's system, which is set to help in the documentation and tracking of the each marijuana plant's lifecycle: from plant growth to laboratory testing and patient trials, the company said.

"It's the start of a new era for Jamaica that will set the stage for responsible use and accountable monitoring from seed-to-sale of ganja and its medical products within a well-regulated research and development framework," University of Technology deputy president Colin Gyles said.

14345.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: U.S. company provides marijuana tracking software in Jamaica :: La Prensa :: America in English
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: Erin Hooley/The Coloradoan

Re: Puerto Rico: U.S. Company Provides Marijuana Tracking Software In Jamaica

I don't know about you but this phrase I find disturbing, "... seed-to-sale medical marijuana tracking technology..."
In the US some States have starting jumping in the bandwagon, as it were, supporting at least Medical Cannabis behind what I believe to be false faces as they are just looking for schemes of taxation and in some cases extreme taxation.

Back
Top Bottom