Ultra Runner here!

Gummbee25

Wanted to introduce myself to the community and give a little history on my backround.

I'm a 26 year old male that runs 40-60 miles a week and ran my first ultra marathon race at Bull Run Run 50 miler April 10th and North Face endurance 50 miler June 5th both this year..... and I did all the training while smoking 3-5x a day.

So many times I would hear from my running group or non-smoking friends how people that did drugs or smoked pot were all losers and lazy. I wanted so bad to say " oh really... why can't you keep up with THIS pot head?" I was out pacing and out running people that were vegans... but I kept my mouth shut in fear of being de-friended.

I wanted to let others like myself know anything is possible while smoking!

There I was driving to the 5am starting line at Bull Run Run blasting some Ratatat LOUD PIPES and smoking some headies. I felt nervous about my first ultra, before this i had only done up to 26.2 miles... a regular marathon. I was use to smoking before my long runs to get my mind in a nice relaxed zone as I sometimes would sike myself out thinking i couldn't hang for a 5 hour training run. I usually hit about 2 bowls of some kush and for about the first hour or so i felt like I was part of the trail or in a calm meditation state. The same was true race day. As i got out my car and did the check list run down to make sure i had everything i needed for the next 12 hours of my run, I felt relaxed and ready for the trail. Listening to my IPOD I took off with 350 other runners in pitch darkness all us wearing head lights.

15 miles into the race i was feeling great as I passed a section of the forest that smelled like fresh smoking plant to me... I figured I was getting tired at the time and wanted to smoke...haha.

11hours and 55 minutes later I came threw the finish line... Finishing a trail race that had 45 drop outs of 350 runners. I got pretty emotional (didnt cry) but I felt like a huge road block had been lifted from my life. I knew that I could do ANYTHING in life that i put my mind on... while blazing everyday!!

:bong:

I wanted to let others like myself know anything is possible while smoking!
I knew that I could do ANYTHING in life that i put my mind on... while blazing everyday!!

:bravo: that's a great testament to cannabis being harmless. :yahoo:
:welcome: Gummbee25, It is hard to put in words how wonderful it is to have you join us at 420. All I can say is :thanks: :thanks:
This site just climbed another rung on the ladder.
I don't know if you looked at other sites, but believe me, don't bother.
420 is the friendliest and most informative site on the net.
Call 420 your 2nd home, and I'll see you in the forums.
:peace:

Welcome to the forums Gummbee. It's always great to hear stories of those who have proven the naysayers wrong about a simple plant and what you can or can't do while consuming it.

Back
Top Bottom