Upright freezer grow box

kc52712

i have an upright freezer turning into grow box.have installed a recirculating fan/heater and 4 bulb h/o t5 light.being that unit is sealed would like to do co2 inj. question is,do I need to supply fresh air at all ? have read that plants do not need co2 during dark time.should i open door to let in fresh air at beginning of lights off or not ? do i need to have fresh air fan ? first time indoor grow.have had small outdoor grows and have read lots, but still have ?

Yes you do need fresh air. you need to provide fresh air in and air out, the air must be kept fresh for your grow. I have an old refrigerator that I am thinking of doing this with. I'm thinking to to cut holes in the bottom of the door and exit holes in the upper back. Need to monitor heat and humidity closely also.

I'm glad this question has been addressed, but still have questions about this topic.

I've read the journals of several growers running "sealed" grow rooms that utilize CO2. I am under the impression that after all their efforts to seal the room, there is very little if any fresh air exchange going on. My understanding is that plants absorb CO2 during the lighted hours and release oxygen during the dark hours.

Are there additional gasses required by the plants the "fresh air" provides?

Thanks in advance,

Yes you do need fresh air. you need to provide fresh air in and air out, the air must be kept fresh for your grow. I have an old refrigerator that I am thinking of doing this with. I'm thinking to to cut holes in the bottom of the door and exit holes in the upper back. Need to monitor heat and humidity closely also.

Sorry to give you wrong info. I overlooked the bit about CO2

Back
Top Bottom