Vacuum packing your cured buds

iriemon69

I have a heat sealer that sucks all the air out of the package for food storage. Has anyone ever stored their bud in it?

I would think this would go well to prevent any oder from escaping. I wonder if it would harm the bud in any way, as long as it is kept in a light free container, as the bags are clear.
:peace:

Re: Vacuum packing your cured buds.

It will break trichromes. You can baby and cure your bud nicely in wide mouth canning jars. They're cheap, reusable, and available in 1/2 pint to quart size.

I've done it in a bag in vacuum, don't do it. It breaks all the trichs. Use the mason jar attachment to seal the mason jars.

Have all mine in vacu sealed bags for well over a year and taste and potency is just fine. It sure does save space.
Make sure you have all the moisture out of the buds before vacu seal.

its cheap, its corny, but it works- the pump 'n seal. my jars start to loose vacuum after about a year if you use new lids.

Don't use plastic, many connoisseurs think plastic adds a "plasticky" taste to the bud, and deters from the natural flavor and aroma. Use mason jars, there are vacuum sealers that work for glass jars, check those out. Using mason jars and burping, or opening, your jars little bit every day for week or two. Than store them in a cool dark place to let the curing take place.

Good luck man :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom