Ventilation issue

steevtokes

so were trying to put a 8in raptor hood in a 4x4 tent. it barely fit. we should of got the 6in to match our 6in max fan(334cfm),6in can-lite filter, and 6" ports on the tent. But the price was to good. So were trying to figure out the most optimal way hook all this up. Reducers wont fit on the end of the hood because the tent is to small. here is the way i was thinking from intake to out.
FILTER
FAN
6"DUCT
6"-8"REDUCER
8" ELBOW
HOOD
8" ELBOW
8"-6" REDUCER
6"DUCT

I know elbows lower cfm but its the only way to fit this thing.
IS 334 CFM even enough?
what order would u put your fan/filter/hood?

Thanks

Sincerely, Steevtokes

Re: Ventilation issue.

well i was just looking at the explaination of the set-up u gave and started to think outside the box (or tent so to speak). is there any reason that you want to keep ALL the equipment inside of the tent? if i was dealing with the same issue i would seriously think about moving the fan and filter to the outside of the tent. for instance (starting at the hood)
Hood
8" to 6" reducer
6" flex duct to outside tent
Fan
Filter
its just a thought. hope it helps .

(sorry, i just relized i could have said a bit more)

there should be no need to run elbows with this. by attaching the duct to one side of the air cooled hood you'll be pulling air from the hood AND the tent anyway simultaniously. the fan you mentioned sounds substantial enough to pull air from the inside of the tent (even if its positioned outside) connected to the duct that is attached to your hood. i would secure the fan and the filter directly together, verticaly stacked (the fan on top of the filter). you want to run as little duct as possible and keep the duct from bending where ever possible (of course one or two bends wont terribly hurt the flow) to keep the air flow as efficient as possible, that the fan will be pulling from the tent.

Back
Top Bottom