Veteranos pro cannabis medicinal research on the efficacy of medical marijuana treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder in veterans

Juan Alicea

I am a Vietnam Era Veteran. At this time in my life, I have been dealing with several health conditions that have become worse with time. The medications prescribed by VA have not helped and my health conditions continue to worsen. I have been through hell and back a few times. The cocktails that VA mixes for me have created more conditions on top of the others. I suffer from PTSD, Fibromyalgia, type 2 Diabetes, Insomnia, Hypertension and many more. All this caused by the combination of meds. I have come to feel like a Lab Rat, and VA continues to experiment with new drugs. All this does is to cause more harm than cures. We Vets feel like the Living Dead sometimes, if not at all times. Why do they (VA), keep doing this and just give us something that really works? I have personally tried Marijuana (cannabis) on and off and have experienced relief on so many levels. It is unbelievable. My PTSD calms down, (less flashbacks), I sleep better, We should really be taken in consideration and treated better for our own well being and for their reputation. We served our country. It is time overdue for our government to reciprocate the favor. All the fighting going on about the legalization of marijuana just causes more stress and conduces us to look for the black market. This is NOT the way to go. Why is the governments lying about cannabis still going on? Enough is enough.​

Skip to content

Weed also helps soldiers right after a traumatic incident in war by smoking it right afterwards it is less likely to have full traumatic effect on the soldier. There's a good argument for it to be available right after an engagement during war time to reduce the stress and potentially avoid PTSD.

Back
Top Bottom