Walk in Closet

SJSUGROW

I have a walk in closet in my room at an apartment.
It's 6ft by 5ft and 7ft in height with a door on it.
I know most of the basics, but i want to make sure i'm not gonna do all this work to f_k up my end result or get caught...

First of all what are the risk of growing in an apartment?
Essentially i can get anywhere up to 24 clones...
Should i put that many in there? or is it gonna smell too much?
I can't cut any holes in the wall for ventilation, so will opening the door suffice?

I can get 2 1000w HPS lights... is that gonna be enough?

Since it's so big and tall, should i consider doing to levels, one for Flower and one for Veg??

Thanks for your input...
i will post pictures of the room in the next couple days.

i would save the $ on the second light, cuz it's gonna be hard enough to vent one light that big. i have the same setup (apartment, same size closet). i'm just using CFL's right now, but even those are putting off a lot of heat. 12 lights right now, soon up to 20. if you have the money to buy those kinds of lights, just try to buy one of those bc grow cabinets. it will take care of your mother, the clones, and then it has a flowering chamber also. all of this combined with built-in air flow and exhaust fans and the whole works. it almost makes it kinda stealthy for those landlords who have to do their checks and what not. i would buy some seeds, keep a mother going, and take her clones. put a couple in the flower chamber every couple of weeks and you'll have yourself a little perpetual harvest going!! let me know if you have more questions.

I have got one clone right now in my closet and have it setup under a lamp....
but i am confused...
i keep reading lonline that a 23w CFL = 100w...
what exactly is that??

CFLs are energy efficient bulbs, they put out the same amount of light as a 100w incandescent bulb, but only using 23w of electricity instead of 100w. saves $ on electric. CFLs are the spiral ones.

my first grow was one plant, and i had probably about 7 or 8 lights on it, and got about an ounce or so. the key to CFLs is that you need to make sure your plant doesnt get super tall, or the light lumens won't be able to reach to the lower part of the plant. i'm using LST on my girls right now, and you can really see some major growth. LST is really easy and actually kind of fun.

i'll try to get a friends camera and post some, but there are plenty of threads and pictures about it if you are interested in trying. it makes veg time a little longer, but you can LST all the way through flower. that's basically what scrogging is, just with a screen

Back
Top Bottom