Washington: Some Patients Concerned About New Medical Marijuana Rules

Jacob Redmond

Many patients who depend on medical marijuana are paying close attention to Washington's new regulations, which could have a big impact once they take effect.

"It should be to help patients get more access in this new legal market, not less," said Cari Boiter, a patient who uses medical marijuana to treat a hereditary joint problem.

Boiter says the products she buys at the Seattle Medical Marijuana Association are really the only effective treatment for her collagen deficiency.

She can visit once or twice a month, stock up, and get on with her life, but isn't sure it will be this easy under the new regulations.

Boiter is concerned about higher costs and less variety under the rules signed into law by Gov. Jay Inslee, which she says cater to the state's recreational pot shops, not medical patients.

"I just hate to see people who are already so vulnerable suffer simply to make it easier for a 502 business to succeed, or as they say 'level the playing field,'" said Boiter.

"What I'm really hoping is these bills will make medical cannabis more accessible to patients like me who have multiple conditions," said Adriane Vetter, a patient who uses cannabis to treat her breast cancer.

She, too, is concerned about cost, but wants to know that there will be a safe, reliable supply for years to come.

6934.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Some patients concerned about new medical marijuana rules
Author: Ted Land
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: KING5.com | Seattle Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports

The only reliable, cheap, effective way to have a supply of what you need is to grow your own. They are making this impossible and are acting illegally in changing the rules established under the medical marijuana initiative. The states only concern is for the money not for the people.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes. You are right about the Governor and Legislature acting illegally, with just a quick skim I found section 2, article 38 of the Washington State Constitution, I am sure there's more, and I am confident that it will become evident as things "progress"........Section 38 - Limitation on Amendments
No amendment to any bill shall be allowed which shall change the scope and object of the bill.

Thank goodness for my green thumb. I'm so poor I consider it a night on the town when my wife lets me eat something that isn't on the dollar menu. Ha/ :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom