Water Pump

justjr27

I have a 1/4hp 1500gph pump that I was thinking of using for my 56 site aeroponics system which will have 112 360 degree sprayers with a 50 gallon resv. run thru 1/2" pvc the inline filter I bought recommends max 11 gpm but if you divide 1500gph by 60 mins u get 25 gpm. So will this pump be to much or will it be fine b/c i had understood the more pressure the finer the spray let me know what you guys think thanks

You may run the risk of burning up the pump. Your gonna have to downsize your outtake to 1/2" which will make your pump run harder. Call the manufacturer and see if it voids your warranty. As for the the GPH through your sprayers. I would think you would also have a problem with that much pressure going through your sprayers for a long period of time.

Just plumb a ball vavle and a T fitting reroute excess pressure back to rez use ball valve to regulate amount of pressure.
I would use a venturi to use that wasted energy to make some aeration.
Venturis are better than bubblers because of the fine air bubbles they create dissolve better.

Oh forgot to mention venturis can be a bit louder than bubblers but hell if you got a monster 56 site setup Im sure your not worried bout a little noise

OR use that T fitting and get 2 of those filters split the flow as you have 750gph to each line which is closer to the 660 gph your filters recomend

Back
Top Bottom