We're #1!

Jimbo

Tue, 01 Jul 2008 23:skeptical:53 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

So I went to the Drug Czar's blog today, but strangely enough, I couldn't find any mention of this story.

One wonders if Drug Czar John Walters can even show his face in public today. Seriously, is there anything this man has ever said that this new WHO report doesn't expose to be a blatant and deliberate lie?
America is 'winning' the war on drugs? Wrong! The US actually leads the world in illicit drug use, despite increasing the number of drug offenders behind bars 1100 percent since 1980.
Liberalizing marijuana laws will escalate marijuana use? False! Marijuana use is twice as prevalent in the United States as it is in Spain and Italy (where marijuana possession is quasi-legal) and the Netherlands – where marijuana is openly used and sold in public.
Experimenting with marijuana is a 'gateway' to the use of coc*ine? Lie! Rates of coc*ine use in Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands – three nations with some of the most liberal pot policies in the world – is actually eight times less than it is in the United States.
Talking about pot in public makes my nose grow longer? True! Whoops, I made that one up.

NORML Blog Blog Archive We're #1!

Back
Top Bottom