What are light cycles and how do I use them?

Yes, just set your timer so that the light turns off a half hour sooner or turns on a half hour later than the previous week.

In regards to causing a plant to "Hermie" the stress level would has to be extremely high.

Switching the lighting schedule or having a light leak in your grow area isn't going to be enough stress. If the lighting was enough to cause a plant to "Hermie" the 24/0 lighting schedules would not be talked about. We all have to remember the moon reflects the sun light at night.

Besides two uncoated aspirin dissolved in a gallon of water, once every two weeks during the vegetative cycle, will relieve the stress of a plant and aid in root development.

I posted this in another thread, but it's gotten no response.
this is my 1st real indoor grow, and I screwed up the LST and SCROG as I tried doing them too late into bloom {too tall}
My buds are way too close to my LED's and the leaves are burning. Tried tying them down, but the buds are too heavy and was pulling the plant from the pot, and I did not have that much tension on them.
So my question is can I go less time than what I'm at now { 15 off/9 on} ?

What do you hope to accomplish by giving less light?

If I were you, I'd cut away all the scrog netting you have, and put another net on top, then slowly (+days) pull the canopy down to a safer height. Decreasing light hours will decrease plant development and nobody wants to hinder yields or quality.

What do you hope to accomplish by giving less light?

If I were you, I'd cut away all the scrog netting you have, and put another net on top, then slowly (+days) pull the canopy down to a safer height. Decreasing light hours will decrease plant development and nobody wants to hinder yields or quality.
I'm trying to reduce light burn. I ended up having to cut a good deal of the top buds off early in order to save this grow. Lot's of lessons learned. I'm using the lantern method for my light schedule. I've heard in the olden days of grows cutting the light for 24 hours before harvest, so that's why I was asking , as I was only 3 days from harvest. The tips of a few buds were light bleached. Hopefully the crop is not total shite.

I tried the Gas Lantern Routine and all I can say is that it really works....at least for me...

Also, I am trying out the DLS (Diminishing Light Schedule) and its working out pretty well so far.

I cant say for sure how big the impact is due to the other factors being different but I think the different light schedules make a positive difference.

Yes, unfortunately my reading skills are not so good as of late.
Totally screwed the pooch on my 1st grow.
Now that I'm on the #2 , things are looking much better.
I used the GSL , but did not do DLS properly before.
This time I have and my girls are looking very nice in 2 week of bloom they already have nice flowers and are still an inch or so below my net

The 2 different routines - GLR and DLS are not connected...you can use only one of them if you choose....

Hey everyone
Just had a quick question
I'm new to growing and just planted my seedling.
Was wondering how much light/water I should be giving the plant.
Any advice would help
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom