what if to much co2 ?

zierf

if you are useing co2 with no real way to regulate the co2 or a meter to tell what the ppm of co2 is in the air.

how can you tell by the plant if it is receiving to much co2. What are some sings of the plant receiving to much?

myself the reson i was wondering is i am using yeast and suger to make the co2.

If you're doing the standard 2 liter DIY co2 grow then you really wont need to worry about c02 toxicity. However, too much c02 instead of increasing the plants metabolism can actually retard it and the growth rate will be noticable not as vigorous.

How many plants are you growing? You should be just fine with the 2 liters.

Happy turkey day :surf:

If you're doing the standard 2 liter DIY co2 grow then you really wont need to worry about c02 toxicity. However, too much c02 instead of increasing the plants metabolism can actually retard it and the growth rate will be noticable not as vigorous.

How many plants are you growing? You should be just fine with the 2 liters.

Happy turkey day :surf:

happy turkey day to you too.

i have 3 plants in a 2.5'x5'x 8' closet and i use a 2.5'x2.5' for the grow space with 300w of hps lighting ( 2 150w bulbs)

the plants kinda make a triangle in the grow space and i have a small fan in the middle of the triangle blowing straight up threw the branches on the inside of the tri.( had some heat problems and that seemed to do the trick got the light on temps down to 75-80 range)blowing cooler air from the floor up to the tops of the plants and lights. Also have a fan pulling in air from outside the closet for fresh air.

for th co2 i have a 2.5 gal jug that has about 2 gal. Of water and i have been using 12 tsp. Of yeast and 8 cups of suger For the fremention. And a hole in the lid with a air hose going to the fan to suck in the co2 and blow it up the inside branches of the triangle ( and my hope is that co2 is havier than air so it would fall back down to the outside of the triangle to get the outside of the plants)

the reson i wanted to know about to much co2 is i just yesterday made up a 2nd jug the same way as i had the other one so now i have 2 of them in the room with hoses going to the fan. And i change the water yeast suger mix in the jugs every week and a half or so .

do you think the 2 of them would be to much? and about how much is a co2 meter to test the ppm's in the air do you know?

Back
Top Bottom