What Size to start flowering your plants

Dipez

How long do you guys normally veg your plants before flowering? I have about 5ft of space to play with before the plants would hit the light at the max height in my closet. I wouldn't want them to go over 4ft to be honest. At what size should I start flowering them? I've got them at 20" and 16" right now and they are very bushy. I am on day 19 right now and I was thinking about going to 3 weeks or a month to start flowering..

any help is appreciated.

Most strains will double in height/ size when flipped to flower. Some will stretch and add more.(sativas, haze). Top lamps are good for 3 ft, after that they loose their effects. I wouldn't go higher then 2ft or 24" unless you tie down. I don't know your setup so i am just going by your post.

:goodluck:
Flipper

What's good dipez???....hey height was a monster on some of my grows...my last where 7ft indoors....sucked....just remember that they will doub-or-trip in size during early stages of flower...I know you know this... If I had what you have then I.... Would start to flower now at 16-20" or like the FLIPPER said to just do so e LST work...:riskybusiness:
:ciao:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I am going to start the 12/12 cycle tomorrow right on the 3 week mark. They seem to be a great size already. I just wish there was more tops to the plants but hopefully the lower branches will grow a lot once i flip it over to HPS 12/12.

Next time I do another cycle I'm going to go about growing a lot different.. Going to do a bunch of smaller plants than try and get big ones. I think this would work a bit better.. I just have to get my papers in order before doing so as my current max is 6 plants..

Next time during your veg try supercropping. Makes for huge bushy plants. Do it often, keep the lights close, and you'll have a 3.5-4 ft tall little monster when your done. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom