What to do with plants after I harvest the buds.

BudTender71

Im about to harvest my first grow and After i clip all the buds off, will the plant be good to back into veg or will she be done? Ive been searching pages and pages and cant seem to find any info so any thing you got would be awesome.

Thanks

This is a good post from this thread How do I regenerate/ rejuvenate/ reveg a plant after harvest?

"Here is the best way to successfully reveg a plant. When you harvest, whack off the top third of the plant. Don't take anything from the bottom third - at all. If you're like me though (I do scrog), the bottom third has nothing on it anyway, so... The middle third is the key. Leave small buds at the end of each branch you keep. Doing this keeps the "blood vessels" working and keeps that branch alive. Any branch you leave with nothing just dies. It is critical to leave enough greenery for the plant to survive until reveg kicks in and it starts putting forth new growth.

Basically if you take everything it is a dead plant. Period. You MUST leave some buds there - preferably the smallest buds - and there must be enough of them to do photosynthesis adequately.

Yeah, you lose some of your harvest, but the idea is to salvage the plant, not whack every flower for your harvest.

Light: 24/0 is your best bet, and use a CFL bulb with a reflector about 3 inches from the plant (going with 100 watt equivalent bulbs).

Nutes: Start with a mix of half and half - half veggie and half flower nutes, and feed 1/4 strength for a few days to a week, then up it to 1/2 strength. Now here I'm talking about half or a quarter of what you regularly feed, not half or a quarter of the amount they say to use on the label. How much water? I'm a pot lifter. I feed when the pot starts getting light. But keep the water light until you do have new growth. Wet it dies. Moist is all you want, and barely moist at that.

After the first feeding of mixed nutes switch to pure veggie nutes. Why? Reducing the shock to the plant is KEY in successfully revegging a plant. You are shocking the everloving CRAP out of it by harvesting! How would YOU feel if someone whacked off your head and your arms? Not too good... And your plant is feeling not too good after you harvest it - even if you leave buds and leaves on it. So keep temps steady, steady light 24/day and basically don't mess with it until you have solid new growth.

Transplant? No is my advice. Don't do anything else until you have new growth. Once you DO have new growth you can start thinking about re-potting it. I do not re-pot as a rule, and I have one plant I've been revegging and flowering for 2 years straight.

IF you are going to transplant, wait until there is new growth. Then slice off an inch from all sides, and 1 or 2 inches from the bottom of the dirt ball. Don't worry - she can take it, and she will appreciate the new room for new roots you are creating here. Then repot, filling the bottom and sides in with fresh soil mix.

Some say after the 2nd harvest the plant starts losing potency. I don't buy that.

You won't have 100% success. Sometimes they start putting out new shoots and then they just die. But with any luck and if you pay attention, don't over/under water, keep the light ON until you see new green, then go 18/6, you CAN salvage the majority of your plants - if you want to save them.

And here's the kicker. 2 weeks to recover, 2 more weeks in 24/0 to regrow some stems and flesh out the greenery, then slam her into your flowering chamber. You'll save more than a month from your regular start-to-finsh schedule."

Hope that helps :)

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom