What to expect using 600w hps and 400w hps?

TheOtherMJ

So my current setup it a 15 gal reservoir tote and a 600w hps light with a portable ac unit blowing directly on the bulb keeping my grow space around 73-76 degrees. 4th week into flowering and I'm happy with my results but as with most growers I'm always looking for a way to do better. So I'm thinking about adding a 400w hps light to go with my 600w.

I'm growing carnival strain. They advertise 300-450 g/m2.
I kno this is under optimal conditions.

So my question is would buying another light yo supplement the 600w be worth the money as far as growth and yield?

Second question is. I have read alot of forums and growers saying mh light is better than the hps light as far as veg is concerned. but I was led to believe that the hps light will grow tighter nodes and at the end of the day isn't that Wat we want?

Thanks for input guys

I've been using hps for veg and flowering. How much of a difference will using MH bulb make for veg? is it a significant difference or marginal? Or is it one if those some growers like it and some don't? Sorry for all the questions. You were the first to reply so I'm throwing them all at you. But thanks for responding.

Back
Top Bottom