What's the longest cured bud you have right now?

What's the longest cured bud you have right now?

• Indica 1 month

Votes: 3 15.8%

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Sativa 1 month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Man, I have smoke over a year plus, pass full cure

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Take your plant into the room where you want to trim and have some rubber gloves on, snip off one branch at a time and the plant works as a place for the buds to leave home.

Trim down to bud level and hang in a closet or cardboard box hanging, room should be at least simi dark, no direct sunlight

60-70 degrees at 50% humidity about 4-5 days, (here is where you need to grab a cola to check for zero moisture @ day 4-5) then into large brown paper bags for 2-3 days, shack bag to flip for better drying each day

Then into jars and open twice a day to the air for about 10-14 days for 15 min (or till they stop popping the lid from chlorophyll and co2 gases.

After that, leave in the dark till there a month old and start to enjoy

Here's all three happening all at once with harvesting in different weeks to stagger the harvest.

P.S. I do not believe in the "bone dry, make sure the steam snaps shit" if you go to where the steams snap r fk, dry colas, not the steams.

Hang em bag em burp em cure em :grinjoint:

hang_bag_burp_cure.jpg

That is definitely the way to go. I end up with more weed than I know what to do with so I always end up with herb that has been curing for way longer than is necessary. Got some from a grow 2 years ago that I have kept to compare my progress each year. Just make sure I air them out still from time to time. Some people claim that by a certain point it starts to lose quality but I don't believe it. I've smoked very aged weed and it tasted great and got me ripped. If done properly I believe it can be stored for a loooong time.

That is definitely the way to go. I end up with more weed than I know what to do with so I always end up with herb that has been curing for way longer than is necessary. Got some from a grow 2 years ago that I have kept to compare my progress each year. Just make sure I air them out still from time to time. Some people claim that by a certain point it starts to lose quality but I don't believe it. I've smoked very aged weed and it tasted great and got me ripped. If done properly I believe it can be stored for a loooong time.

As much as 20 years from some, no shit, like fine wine, I double vacuum all my gear, the absents of zero oxygen can suspend the aging some 3 times longer.

I first vacuum the air out of the jars then bag the jars and vacuum again, thing is, nothing gets out if sealed glass. Bagged jars picture not taking yet.

4517.jpg

As much as 20 years from some, no shit, like fine wine, I double vacuum all my gear, the absents of zero oxygen can suspend the aging some 3 times longer.

I first vacuum the air out of the jars then bag the jars and vacuum again, thing is, nothing gets out if sealed glass. Bagged jars picture not taking yet.

4517.jpg

For sure. I need to invest in a vacuum sealer. That sounds like a good plan. I will do that.

:nicethread:

1 and a half month sativa checking in (Greenhouse's Super Lemon Haze, and Strawberry Haze, homegrown). It's noticeably better now than it was at 2 weeks :), luckily I've got a couple ounces left.

This thread is older than my house but I'll bite.
1 month old sour diesel Sativa. I got about 14 ounces curing now with some indica bubblegum due in 4 weeks.
Enough to have a few 4 to 6 month samples to taste down the road. Aiming for a 1 yr cure.

Back
Top Bottom