What's Wrong? Help

thehitman

My plants are about 8 weeks old, 6 or 7" tall and bushy, over all a health green. Put into flower room a few days ago and today noticed a discoloration on some of the lower leaves - a brown mottled splotchy discoloration between the veins in the leaf.

Am I over watering? Nutrient deficiency of some sort??

I added Cal-Mag to the last couple of waterings.

Please advise! Thanks in advance. :morenutes:

IMG_054624.JPG
IMG_054624.JPG
IMG_054624.JPG
IMG_054624.JPG
[/url]

Read Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial over watering makes your leaves curl down in a claw like look. You may need to flush, flushing washes out all the nutes built up in the soil. You need 3x the amount of water to your pot size.

I started using Cal-Mag a few days ago - the new leaves look ok. The plants just got moved into the flower room. The ph is checked with each can of water and nutrients, I shoot for 6.0-6.5. Grow medium is "Slacker" from Biotanicare, it's like a mixture of coco fiber and lots of other stuff.

I read the flushing guide - may try that.

From their website, it says the ideal PH for this medium is 5.8-6.2. Although usually for all hydro, hempy and coco mediums the accepted range seems to be 5.5-6.1, with 5.8 being the ideal PH. I would lower your PH a little bit more, and aim for 5.8.

Right now, I don't think flushing would help, as this appears to be a deficiency, not nute burn or over fert. With your PH at 6.0-6.5 it is above the level where Calcium can be absorbed in hydro mediums, so your problem may very well be PH based, and not a deficiency.

This chart (On the left) Shows the PH at which different nutrients can be absorbed, and you can see your PH is higher than needed for calcium absorption:
pH_chart712.jpg

OK - Thanks, I'll lower the PH and see what happens.

I have been previously told that growing in slacker or other similar medium was considered soil - perhaps that is incorrect. I'll go to 5.8

Back
Top Bottom