When isn't it OK to get high.....?

Stoner4Life

I know the many reasons medicinally and recreationally, both legal and illegal that we all use pot to enhance our life/health. So.........
Under what circumstances do you find consumption of pot unecessary, unwanted, unacceptable, etc..........

I suppose as your own private show of respect you might abstain for a funeral or wake but the flipside of that coin points to the medicinal anti-depressant qualities many might rely upon in those very moments of pain.

At work. If my employees smoke, cool. If they show up at work blazed, unable to deal with customers or work on the hardware, they are fired.

I am very understanding but you have to draw the line. You have to take responsibility. My employers expect the same of me.

yeah, if you're going to smoke marijuana, you've got to responsible about it, and present a good imagine for pot-smokers everywhere. If we could get every stoner in the world to have a job, show up on time every day, not high, and just smoke in their free time, then that'd be great. I just think that if you're going to smoke, you've got to be responsible.

im highly capable of working while under the influence of marijuana. I think it's a matter of how you represent yourself while you're stoned and at work..

Stoner4Life said:
I suppose as your own private show of respect you might abstain for a funeral or wake but the flipside of that coin points to the medicinal anti-depressant qualities many might rely upon in those very moments of pain.
yep that's why i would smoke a bit afterwards but i wouldn't smoke before it, thats not really an anti depressant then.

Trust me, sometimes dealing with customers makes me want to go roll a blunt in the bathroom. But it isn't the right way to go about it. If a customer can tell you are high, you give a bad image to the entire company. Because believe it or not, the large majority of people still think Marijuana is as bad as heroin.

Not to mention the fact that no matter how sober-minded you stay, I wouldn't let you touch the hardware high. There is no way I am going to entrust a $3,000 server to someone who is high. There are just too many ways it could all go wrong.

vicyclops said:
Yup, yup, no need to smoke before working, unless you were in too much pain not too.

As far as this thread goes, a good time not to smoke would be a funeral (personally I would want to see and feel everything happening so no smoking for me), at work, and I never could understand while people smoke right before going to bed (just seems kinda wasteful, gotta enjoy the high).
Some people use it to fall asleep.

This kind of varies with many different situations, since the high from pot is so versatile and most everything can be done under it's influence just as well as while sober. Smoking on the job can be done, depending on what type of job you have. I'm a waiter so I don't smoke while I'm working, because I have to remember food orders and make drinks, and I did that a few times while I was high, and it did not go well, lol. Some of the other guys come in high sometimes, but it's fine by me, some of them are badass and even seem to do better, but a couple others aren't so good and are on the verge of gettin fired. It really can depend on the person, the job, the circumstances, etc.

As a short order cook in a busy bar in NY there was no way to work high. Wouldn't even have the time to burn it anyway. I waited the tables, cooked the food, bussed back my dishes, and even found the time to fetch drinks for my back room (we seated 50). I had to be sharp and fast. No time to fry. :smokin3:

Stoner4Life said:
As a short order cook in a busy bar in NY there was no way to work high. Wouldn't even have the time to burn it anyway. I waited the tables, cooked the food, bussed back my dishes, and even found the time to fetch drinks for my back room (we seated 50). I had to be sharp and fast. No time to fry. :smokin3:

Sounds kinda like my job sometimes, but we sometimes get parties of 200, but I still find the time to smoke, after the rush of course, with my boss.

oh yeah......you know when ur over the hump and its time to chill. I sat 50 all night til 4am.....I bet I fed 200+ short order.....full menu. I even did the dishes and restocked beer to the bar. I was busy til 5am..... then I cut loose......................

:hmmmm: Let me think?

1. ...

Finished. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

i never smoke when i have something important to do, such as school, work, family get togethers and shit like that. I smoke when i know that i'll be able to enjoy it and relax.

when working or when preforming brain surgery..could never do that while high

The Mad Toker said:
when working or when preforming brain surgery..could never do that while high

Oh, I forgot.. I never vape before "brain surgery" either.

Mr Mad, you're funny!!!

But seriously.. I'm retired.. I take care of the home (domestic engineer), workout alot, and visit my Berkeley Club every other day. And, except for brain surgery, there is never a bad time to get medicated. Today I'm heading to an Oakland A's vs Detroit, afternoon game.. medicated of course.

Ya gotta love it! :peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

When I have to be an "adult". Any important decisions are made sober..then followed up by some smoke! Whew...then I wonder..if I had smoked...would that have made the decision better? lol!

NoDirtswifey said:
When I have to be an "adult". Any important decisions are made sober..then followed up by some smoke! Whew...then I wonder..if I had smoked...would that have made the decision better? lol!
Like she said. When I have to be an adult.

Back
Top Bottom