When it hits the fan - curling leaves heat, rh?

Flodas

Hello again im experiencing problems and dont know whats causing it my leafs are turning upwards so it look like a bowl in the leafs. The colour is good exept on one plant its dark green ! I bought a humidifier 1week ago i put it in the grow room and settled it to 65RH now i have seen very small growth of the plant and the leafes are turning up i have removed the humidifer and shut it off for good since i think its the humidifer causing the problem its maybe to concentrated fog or they get stressed out when the waterruns out in the night etc. But now it have gone 24 hours since i removed it and i cannot see any improvments its rather the opposite way :( please help me is it the heat maybe i have a 400w MH lamp very close? Its around 26Celcius inside and im growing in coco ph is good and nuts are good / flodas:Namaste:
Edit : The plants are 2 weeks old and in veg the outside rh is aprox 90

Hello again im experiencing problems and dont know whats causing it my leafs are turning upwards so it look like a bowl in the leafs. The colour is good exept on one plant its dark green ! I bought a humidifier 1week ago i put it in the grow room and settled it to 65RH now i have seen very small growth of the plant and the leafes are turning up i have removed the humidifer and shut it off for good since i think its the humidifer causing the problem its maybe to concentrated fog or they get stressed out when the waterruns out in the night etc. But now it have gone 24 hours since i removed it and i cannot see any improvments its rather the opposite way :( please help me is it the heat maybe i have a 400w MH lamp very close? Its around 26Celcius inside and im growing in coco ph is good and nuts are good / flodas:Namaste:
Edit : The plants are 2 weeks old and in veg the outside rh is aprox 90

I'm new to all this so my advice might be a little vague, but from what i have read in the past your plant is under stress, and what your describing is 'cupping' of the leaves.

This can be caused by over or under watering, nutrient od, high humidity, temps, it's very hard to say, but i think a picture would help some of the more experienced growers out there diagnose the problem for you.

Are you also checking the run off for PH?

Might be something as simple as the light being too close as you said.

Try and get a pic up and i'm sure someone will be able to help :)

i did trow in a new ventilation thats 50 percent stronger than the last one. Then i moved the lamp further away from the tops and watered with nuts. Im not checking the runoff water but im controlling the nutemix so it is at 5.5ph and aprox 0.9ec -3 background water. Is it nessecary to check the runoff ? il throw up a pic tomorrow if nothing changes thx mate

/flodas

i did trow in a new ventilation thats 50 percent stronger than the last one. Then i moved the lamp further away from the tops and watered with nuts. Im not checking the runoff water but im controlling the nutemix so it is at 5.5ph and aprox 0.9ec -3 background water. Is it nessecary to check the runoff ? il throw up a pic tomorrow if nothing changes thx mate

/flodas

From what i have read, certainly with the medium i plan to use (Coco), PH wants to stay around 6 as a basic rule. It can, and will naturally fluctuate a bit between 5.6 and 6.6, up and down over time. This fluctuation is actually beneficial as different nutrients become available at slightly different Ph levels. The important thing here is that whenever you water or feed the plants you are aiming to get the rootzoone to ph6. This means checking the ph of the water that runs out the bottom of the pot against the ph that you poured in - will give you an idea of actual ph.

example

a. give water with ph of 6
b. collect run-off and check ph
c.i. run-off is ph 6.7 - means ph must have been really high. flush with 5.6
ii. run-off s ph 5.5 - means ph must have been really low. flush with 6.2
iii. run-off is ph 5.8-6.2 - nice, nothing extreme here, not far from start ph

Merely testing the ph of the water you add will not give you any indication of your plants rootzone ph.

alright but i use Gold Label and in the nut scheme it says i should start with 5.2 and to 5.8 in flower :S ? i will start checking the ph runnoff imediently. I have got it all wrong there then thank you for the info and ill write an uppdate tomorrow.

Professional Grow - Näringschema look at the coco

I think the principle remains the same. Whatever PH you are aiming for should be achieved by testing both the water you are giving the plants, and the runoff. Again, it's just from the research i have done, but from what i can tell the important factor is the PH of the rootzone itself.

Good luck, i hope it all works out :)

:( please help me is it the heat maybe i have a 400w MH lamp very close?

The MH should be at least 12 inches from the canopy. Baby plants should have it even farther otherwise you may kill them. 26c is an ideal temp range if my conversion is correct.

Pissing random solutions on an unknown problem will likely cause you more grief in the long run. People here like pictures. It helps and will cut down on random folks like me trying to offer random solutions to hypothetical problems.

The plant are only 2 weeks old. They should be given very little nutes(like 25% full strength or less). Also humidity should be 60% or less or possible powdery mildew problem.

hey the leaves are back to normal but since i had that humidifier it is possibible that i have goten mildew problem? look at theese white circles some plants are younger than 2 weeks and the white cirles appear on the lower to leaves on almost al the plants? its not so easy to se in the picture but see some white dots its hard to catch with my camera.
qyshh3.jpg
2h656bp.jpg
2vlo2eu.jpg

here u can see the white spots on the lower leaf

What are your grow area temperature and humidity levels? you want 20°-30° Celcius and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. Your leaf damage appears to be either from a evaporation issue, heat issue or severe magnesium deficiency. Do you have a fan blowing directly on your plant? Can you list all the nutrients that you are using and how many milliliteres per litre? You may be adjusting your pH too low and locking out magnesium. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. Here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Back
Top Bottom