When to feed seedlings?

brooktrout

When do I know to feed my seedlings? I had 5 fem. WWs and managed to kill 1 of them due to feeding to earley @ 2 weeks ( I think). I also have 2 other plant that I stunned the growth, they are still alive and green and growing but the leaves are very small and they are growing very slow (I really hope they pull thru). The other plants are looking good and they are now 1 month old and growing very good. About a week and a half ago the plants did not look good so I transplanted in MG seed starting soil and that seemed to help. I just don't want to kill any more of these little plants. I had planned to feed them a 20/20/20 mixed @ 25% strength. Now I'm gun shy on feeding them and the plants that the growth is stunned, can they make a comeback? Let me know what you guys think. THANK YOU!

When do I know to feed my seedlings? I had 5 fem. WWs and managed to kill 1 of them due to feeding to earley @ 2 weeks ( I think). I also have 2 other plant that I stunned the growth, they are still alive and green and growing but the leaves are very small and they are growing very slow (I really hope they pull thru). The other plants are looking good and they are now 1 month old and growing very good. About a week and a half ago the plants did not look good so I transplanted in MG seed starting soil and that seemed to help. I just don't want to kill any more of these little plants. I had planned to feed them a 20/20/20 mixed @ 25% strength. Now I'm gun shy on feeding them and the plants that the growth is stunned, can they make a comeback? Let me know what you guys think. THANK YOU!

yep, plain clear water for a couple of weeks. the longest period of time in the plants life when there is little change is during the germination to first spike leave period. i have done the same thing you did, but you learn to sit back and let nature do its thing.

Just a suggestion, take a few bag seeds and plant them in any starter mix and never give them any nutrients at all, just ph balanced water. mark the date you plant them on the pot and you will see that after 6 weeks, their still alive and doing fine, just a bit hungry and stringy.

the point being that with no human interaction, most plants do fine. in our zeal to speed things up, we sometimes slow them down....

Oh yea, water only, i agree.... :)

TheGrower420

Back
Top Bottom