When to fertilize Auto

SmUrFx1028

I just recently ordered some Auto flower seeds and this is my first indoor auto grow. I am not sure when i should fertilize after germination and what i should use, Id imagine that i use blooming though

Not until bloom if using soil. A good soil blend will last through veg. The trick to autos is keeping them in veg as long as possible to get decent yields. Almost any real stress will cause them to go into bloom early. Start with a mild decent soil and when she blooms you can start adding some. Do not overdo it.

I’m using a basic potting soil which is mixed with peat moss, and perlite. Doesn’t seem to have any extra nitrogen or anything added

Sorry bro but yeah that is weak sauce. Peat moss is just a waste in cannabis to be honest.

There are many ways to grow and many ways to do soil. That mix requires a more work. It lacks a lot.

The key though is you want it weak for autos. I would trade the peat moss for a manure...steer, chicken or worm castings. use 1 part manure to 2 parts perlite and 3 parts potting soil will get you through veg fine. When she starts blooming you can lightly add some bloom nutes.

But hey there are lots of people on here with great auto journals..go check them out.

Thanks, yeah I just chose a soil at my local hardware store that was affordable at the time, was trying to just buy a soil that was filled with its own nutrients. From what I can tell it’s pretty low on peat and perlite just mixed with a general soil

Not until bloom if using soil. A good soil blend will last through veg. The trick to autos is keeping them in veg as long as possible to get decent yields. Almost any real stress will cause them to go into bloom early. Start with a mild decent soil and when she blooms you can start adding some. Do not overdo it.

So true!!! I had mine under 18/6 lighting right after germination and then when I moved them outside(Ontario) early June the lighting was more like 10/14 and most of my auto flower started flowering!!!!

My first auto I ran in what I deem a normal soil and it started flowering at about 8 inches tall (shown below) as it was too hot. I been growing for a long time and had other plants in the grow on the same soil batch that were amazing and this thing just bloomed immediately and bam was done. By Christmas and was the smallest plant I have grown in a very long time. Be very gentle to them. Autos are much more difficult to grow.

My first auto I ran in what I deem a normal soil and it started flowering at about 8 inches tall (shown below) as it was too hot. I been growing for a long time and had other plants in the grow on the same soil batch that were amazing and this thing just bloomed immediately and bam was done. By Christmas and was the smallest plant I have grown in a very long time. Be very gentle to them. Autos are much more difficult to grow.

what was your nutrients that you used and what kinda schedule? havent grown in 8 years lol

I am organic. I make a soil that is rich and amend with EWC tea once in a whole if there are issues.

On that run I did a cheater batch which was not using propper compost. That had 1/3 perlite, steer manure, fox farm the brown bag with the frog.

Fox farm is too hot for autos and that is too much manure for an auto. Even normal plants will see a bit of tip burn at that level but you don't have to feed at all till bloom.

Back
Top Bottom