Need fertilizer help for new grower

brad1669

I am growing northern lights auto plants outside. They are in pots with promix veg and herb soil and 10 percent worm castings. My question is the promix says it feeds plants for 4 months, should I be fertilizing my plants with any other Fertilizers while they grow or just at flowering or not at all? is the fertilizers in the soil sufficient enough? I did plan to make a worm castings tea to feed them once in awhile. I appreciate any suggestion as I am very new to growing, Thanks!

This are my plants 4 days being outside

Attachments

• Snapchat-728758446.jpg
    Snapchat-728758446.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Snapchat-743606734.jpg
    Snapchat-743606734.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 94
Pick up some Mega Crop, it's a one and done fertilizer. A lot of fertilizers are a "system" now consisting of 3 separate bottles of expensive mostly water fertilizers.

Mega Crop you just adjust the grams per gallon and 2500g runs $24.95 and makes 630 gallon(ish).

Mega Crop is a little different though, you fertilizer every time you water.

Would it be to much fertilizer for the plants to add this because the soil already has the slow release fertilizer in it?

No start the plants at 1/4 strength nutrients and watch the leaf tips. If the tips start to turn brown back off the nutrients 1/2 gm gal.

I just ran 2 northern lights autos from Barney's Farms seed bank and ran 2gm gal the day I put the seedlings in the ground. Increase the nutrients 1gm gal per week until you hit 5gm gal and hold there until flower. At flower move to 6gm gal.

I tried the let the soil handle it route, got 1oz off a plant. Starting nutes immediately I got 7oz.

Would it be to much fertilizer for the plants to add this because the soil already has the slow release fertilizer in it?
Promix has enough feed for maybe a seedling but that's it unless you don't mind a small harvest but if you want more out of your plants you should look into cannabis made nutrients so you'll get more bang for your buck and time. There's quite a bit of stuff out there so it can be overwhelming to decide so if you want something simple get MegaCrop it's a all in one feed from veg to flower or you can go for synthetic nutrients which you will need more bottles to create a feed for your plants.

If you're curious about which way you want to go take a look at my journal I'm doing a comparison of mc and a FF nutes

MegaCrop for the win, hands down.

When it's only $20/grow for a 50gal hydro setup, AND the plants thrive... that's the sweet spot.

GH Trio would run me close to $500/grow in that setup, AN stuff was just as much. Got part way into looking at FF, but it was adding up so quickly I didn't even finish the math.

For small grows, maybe those are alright. For anything using a lot of water, nah, MC is the real deal. Inexpensive (costs less, but it's not cheap), grows damn fine plants, and on top of it all it is SO EASY to use.

I use promix herb & veg soil. It has enough nutrition in it for at least 3 weeks, and that's for a photoperiod indica. Autos tend to be lighter feeders than that. Sativa photoperiod plants were perfectly happy in it for a month, maybe a week more.
I wouldn't start using nutes until at least 4 weeks in.
I haven't used Mega Crop yet, but aside from the smell I've only heard good things about it, and it's not expensive. I intend to get the free sample of it when they've restocked that size, but considering what I've heard I might just buy some.

No start the plants at 1/4 strength nutrients and watch the leaf tips. If the tips start to turn brown back off the nutrients 1/2 gm gal.

I just ran 2 northern lights autos from Barney's Farms seed bank and ran 2gm gal the day I put the seedlings in the ground. Increase the nutrients 1gm gal per week until you hit 5gm gal and hold there until flower. At flower move to 6gm gal.

I tried the let the soil handle it route, got 1oz off a plant. Starting nutes immediately I got 7oz.
The same soil as OP is using? Because I've never had an issue with it.

MegaCrop for the win, hands down.

When it's only $20/grow for a 50gal hydro setup, AND the plants thrive... that's the sweet spot.

GH Trio would run me close to $500/grow in that setup, AN stuff was just as much. Got part way into looking at FF, but it was adding up so quickly I didn't even finish the math.

For small grows, maybe those are alright. For anything using a lot of water, nah, MC is the real deal. Inexpensive (costs less, but it's not cheap), grows damn fine plants, and on top of it all it is SO EASY to use.
Even for small scale grows like mine it adds up quite quick and fast tbh that's why I'm most likely going to switch over to MC as well just doing a comparison of ff and mc now and I do notice a small amount of bigger growth with mc and compared to FF and I have a decent line up of ff nutes so I kinda expected more from it...

Thanks everyone. Finding mega crop in Canada seems seems to be a struggle. The prices for shipping is to high for only having 3 plants. I will keep searching. I may have to resort to a store bought Fertilizer for this year and get better prepared next year

I need the supplements now

No, you don't.

BE is already mixed into Mega Crop. Sweet Candy is also a waste of money, IMO. Sweet Candy is also only good for true soil. No hydro (including coco), no soilless.

Well thanks for saving me some cash.

You're welcome! I’d hate to see you burn up your plants. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I realize some experiment with it, I even add 0.25g/gal for 2-3 weeks during stretch, but it isn’t overly needed, and I only do that when the girls are below 6g/gal. So if they are heavy feeding, I skip it. I’m only doing it now because I still have a small bit when I tried it and am now just using it up. Once it’s gone, I won’t get any more.

The company rep is the one who provided the info on it already being there, and also the note for the sweet candy.

You're welcome! I’d hate to see you burn up your plants. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I realize some experiment with it, I even add 0.25g/gal for 2-3 weeks during stretch, but it isn’t overly needed, and I only do that when the girls are below 6g/gal. So if they are heavy feeding, I skip it. I’m only doing it now because I still have a small bit when I tried it and am now just using it up. Once it’s gone, I won’t get any more.

The company rep is the one who provided the info on it already being there, and also the note for the sweet candy.
So you wouldn't recommend Bud explosion or sweet candy?

So you wouldn't recommend Bud explosion or sweet candy?

No I would not.

Waste of money. I didn’t cry to the world that I was playing with it, but I did experiment a bit. Didn’t make a difference, and MC already has it so why bother.

Calmag? If you need it, fine.

Silica? No problem if you’re not in hydro. (Makes the pH too fickle.)

Terpinator? Sure, if you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom