When to Harvest? +pics

Dankafied

:cool::cool:Someone told me, its ok to harvest even if 50% of the hairs are white. Is this true, and what will happen if I harvest too early/too late? This is my first grow, this is my C-4 plant, shes a quicky only 45-55 days (today is day 49). Two weeks ago, I had to re-pot her and two of my other babies, due to incompetence. I think the transition may have stunted my babies... Shouldnt her cola be taller and perhaps thicker? Not that Im size whore, its just, this is a learning process for me and I would like to soak up as much knowledge and dank as humanly possible. Infact, Im suprised Ive made it this far on my first grow!

Ive also posted a thread on the "plant problems page" Haven't gotten too much feedback, maybe someone here can help...

DSC02848.jpg

Picture0234.jpg

Picture0214.jpg

your plants seem to be doing fine to me... I've noticed in my two grows now that even though you have the same strain, each plant has its own characteristics, especially when it comes to hybrids. I found personally that if you want to figure out the best potential of the plant/strain that you should A) get a microscope or strong magnifying set to check your trichromes.. cloudy "trichs" usually give you a stronger head buzz, while more amber looking triches give you more of a body buzz. Naturally Sativas will be of better use when the trichs are cloudy as they are head buzz plants... and indicas amber for the intense body buzz. Another good way to check them is just pick a bud each week! Quick dry it and then find out which type of buzz you enjoy the most! Hope this helps

Here's the thing, from my reading, not from experience in growing because I don't have all that much, I've learned that the whole white to yellow hair thing is actually the THC molocule being changed into another molocule called CDB. THC gives you that head active high, while CDB gives you that body stoned feeling. So there is no right time to harvest, it's more of what kind of high you like or are striving for.

^ this is true. I have an aurora Indica that I keep pulling buds off of and I harvested a couple early and the high is amazing. Ive never smoked weed that gave me such a head change, felt completely comfortable walking around talking to girlfriends parents and everything.

I've let it sit a little longer and taken some buds and this strain lives up to its name! EXTREME body buzz, I kept checking my cell phone over and over again thinking it was going off hahaha

2 cents

CK

Here's the thing, from my reading, not from experience in growing because I don't have all that much, I've learned that the whole white to yellow hair thing is actually the THC molocule being changed into another molocule called CDB. THC gives you that head active high, while CDB gives you that body stoned feeling. So there is no right time to harvest, it's more of what kind of high you like or are striving for.

Not true. The pistils (hairs) are part of the female sex organ on the plant that accepts pollen from the male. The color change of the pistil is it dying and no longer able to accept pollen. The Trics on the other hand start clear and as the plant nears harvest time change to cloudy then amber in color. You will need a lighted microscope of at least 30x to properly view the trics. If you harvest early clear/cloudy you will get and up head high. If you harvest late (all amber) you will be locked to the couch body high. Most harvest at 50% cloudy/50% amber. Best of both worlds. If you go too far into amber the THC begins to degrade and lose potency. Go to Radio Shack and for under $20 buy a microscope.

Right on dudes thanx for the great info!!!:thanks:

The scopes are nice but don't try to look at your plant through it unless you have it nailed down ! The only way I can see anything is to put a piece of leaf or bud down on a table than squint and look and keep looking and don't breath or move etc. The view is cool if you can keep from moving I found it's easier to use a magnafying glass !!! Maybe I'm so old I just shake too much...lol

Back
Top Bottom